Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of new MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of MSLR a couple of weeks ago.
Initial thoughts:
Overall fit and finish is good. Much quieter and less road noise than my 2019 Model 3. No significant rattles yet, which is great. Screen controls for drive/reverse not as annoying as I thought they would be. Turn signals on wheel not ideal, but I’m slowly getting used to it.

A couple of concerns:
1. My windshield, when looking to the far passenger side has distortions (ripple-like appearance). I had read about this being common in the back glass, but not as much in the windshield. My rear window also has this, but doesn’t bother me as much. Is this common? Worth having service look at it? How easy is it to replace the windshield glass without having rattles/wind noise?

2. This is my biggest concern: The suspension seems very “bouncy”. I have experimented with several suspension modes invluding multiple iterations of the ‘advanced’ mode and all seem to have a lot of bouncing over bumps in the road. Any way to fix this?

3. For whatever reason, the driver seat doesn’t quite go as far down and forward as I would like. I can get it to go down but the tilt forward is limited. With the steering wheel, this cuts off a significant view of the top part of the screen. I wish Tesla had a ‘steering wheel’ toggle for the main screen in front of the driver that would use more of the bottom of the screen and less on the top. The speed limit, specifically, is almost always not visible for me.

Thanks for any help or feedback.

I would make a service appointment for the suspension, because my 2023 MSLR doesn’t do that. While you’re there, you can ask about the windshield if it really bothers you. I don’t have that distortion front or back. Have them check the driver’s seat to see if it’s working normally. If you can’t get the seat where you want it, try adjusting the steering wheel downward.

Reactions: dsm363 and mm9351
Took delivery of MSLR a couple of weeks ago.
Initial thoughts:
Overall fit and finish is good. Much quieter and less road noise than my 2019 Model 3. No significant rattles yet, which is great. Screen controls for drive/reverse not as annoying as I thought they would be. Turn signals on wheel not ideal, but I’m slowly getting used to it.

A couple of concerns:
1. My windshield, when looking to the far passenger side has distortions (ripple-like appearance). I had read about this being common in the back glass, but not as much in the windshield. My rear window also has this, but doesn’t bother me as much. Is this common? Worth having service look at it? How easy is it to replace the windshield glass without having rattles/wind noise?

2. This is my biggest concern: The suspension seems very “bouncy”. I have experimented with several suspension modes invluding multiple iterations of the ‘advanced’ mode and all seem to have a lot of bouncing over bumps in the road. Any way to fix this?

3. For whatever reason, the driver seat doesn’t quite go as far down and forward as I would like. I can get it to go down but the tilt forward is limited. With the steering wheel, this cuts off a significant view of the top part of the screen. I wish Tesla had a ‘steering wheel’ toggle for the main screen in front of the driver that would use more of the bottom of the screen and less on the top. The speed limit, specifically, is almost always not visible for me.

Thanks for any help or feedback.
I think the new steering wheel is smaller in diameter than the 2020 and earlier models. It does block off some of the UI as the new UI was designed for the yoke and they never thought to update it when they came back with the round steering wheel. Really shouldn't be too hard for them to fix that.

I think the new steering wheel is smaller in diameter than the 2020 and earlier models. It does block off some of the UI as the new UI was designed for the yoke and they never thought to update it when they came back with the round steering wheel. Really shouldn't be too hard for them to fix that.
Yup. And 1 and 3 are normal (or should I say, these cars all feature these issues). Coming from a 3 to an S the seating position is much higher in the S.

Reactions: dsm363