Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spastic Ghosts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

My M3 went in for service the other day for a leak in the battery coolant line. They replaced a hose and a fitting and added 3 gallons of coolant. 2 days later when I get the car back I see this in the display. Erratic display of passing cars. I had a little of this before but now it's terrible. What do you suppose happened? It's as though they cranked up the sensitivity of the sensors way too high.

I'd like to politely disagree with you that it's normal. My son-in-law bought an M3 a few days after me and his doesn't do this, and mine didn't do this until it came back from service. So there is something that is causing it. Perhaps if they recalibrated my sensors while it was there then that may be the underlying cause. In any case, Tesla should be ashamed to allow this sort of defect to go on and on. And maybe, if they will divert some of their resources from games, fart apps, and dog comfort we might get some of these glaring bugs squashed.

I'd like to politely disagree with you that it's normal. My son-in-law bought an M3 a few days after me and his doesn't do this, and mine didn't do this until it came back from service. So there is something that is causing it. Perhaps if they recalibrated my sensors while it was there then that may be the underlying cause. In any case, Tesla should be ashamed to allow this sort of defect to go on and on. And maybe, if they will divert some of their resources from games, fart apps, and dog comfort we might get some of these glaring bugs squashed.

I do agree with the diverting of resource from farts, etc. to fixing basic safety functions. But, we must be in the minority 'cause it hasn't happened yet and many have expressed concern about it. BTW, mine does exactly the same thing. Doesn't give passenger's AP comfort, so I don't use that unless alone. Also, check out my earlier today post on my recent AP experience. :eek: YMMV

"Lane Keep Assist" - Telsa vs. Subaru Eyesight (My experience)

This issue popped up last fall but worsened with an update earlier this year. As far as I can tell the visualizations are fine in motion and haven’t affected blind spot monitoring...just a little fun or annoying depending on what song is on.