Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Wish List.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Is there any software wishlists out there?

I Know sometimes things actually get through via Elons omnipitent Twittering ( like Joe Mode ) … but is there any places to put Things? Here or elsewhere?

Anyway, here is mine after driving my Y for a few days.

Windscreen wipers.
Method of turning these on is not good - actually dangerous in some cases - I have flash downpour on my second drive on the M25 - had to just keep pressing the stalk button till the traffic cleared to find the screen buttons.
Current:
Quick Press stalk button then look down to press the 1/2/3/4/Auto ( auto being terrible)
Proposed:
Quick Press stalk once / Twice / Thrice / Um…Fourse? times to change speed
Or
Quick Press Stalk once > left scroll wheel then controls the speed up and down.

Actually the Scroll wheels need to be customisable and usable depending what you are doing. Certainly the left one.
Press the Heating button > Scroll wheel controls that.
Press the Screen Brightness > Scroll wheel controls that.

The right doesn’t do anything unless in Cruise or Autopilot ( press to Command )

Child lock
Why is this on the Commands screen - certainly while in Drive Mode? Should only appear / or can be changed in Park. Or have a confirmation button

Apple Music / Google / Amazon Music as sources
No reason this is not integrated - API is and integration is completely free. Any sort of issues EM may have with these companies shouldn’t matter. They are all well used - much more than Tidal.

CarPlay and Android Auto

Never going to happen but…

Reactions: carlos916
Upvote 0
In the "zero torque state" the motor is still powered because otherwise a permanent magnet motor will not spin.

We are not talking huge amounts of power, but it is powered. Only the front induction motor will spin freely without being applied any power.
I agree. What's the problem? AFAIK, the efficiency when going in reverse is not a critical design specification. Clearly, using the induction motor instead of the permanent magnet motor was not chosen to maximize efficiency. It's for a better driving experience when going in reverse. I think it's a cool feature.

I was replying to a post that wished for a way of disabling one of the motors to improve efficiency, presumably when moving in the forward direction. I said they already did this and you seemed to agree. I also said that the main drive wheels when going in reverse are the front ones.

If you're quibbling over "power" vs "torque", fine. Thank you for the correction.

It will still spin…
The rear permanent magnet motor will
I agree. What's the problem? AFAIK, the efficiency when going in reverse is not a critical design specification. Clearly, using the induction motor instead of the permanent magnet motor was not chosen to maximize efficiency. It's for a better driving experience when going in reverse. I think it's a cool feature.

I was replying to a post that wished for a way of disabling one of the motors to improve efficiency, presumably when moving in the forward direction. I said they already did this and you seemed to agree. I also said that the main drive wheels when going in reverse are the front ones.

If you're quibbling over "power" vs "torque", fine. Thank you for the correction.
No problem whatsoever, except i think there were claims that when reversing the rear motors were decoupled and the reversing was done using only the front motor. This is inaccurate, i was just pointing this out

Reactions: BitJam