Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update error ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi:

I couldn't find another thread on this so apologies if I missed it. I currently have a P100D, and about 3 weeks ago it upgraded to 2019.8.5 3aaa23d Twice since then new updates have been pushed to the car, which I install, but then both times have received an error that the update didn't install properly, wait for it to download again.

Once I get but twice? Any thoughts ?

Brad

...error that the update didn't install properly, wait for it to download again...

Could it be because:

1) weak signal?
2) corrupted memory?

For #1, just make sure you got a good signal by adding a wi-fi extender.
For #2, try a hard reboot. If corrupted memory gets worse, eventually you might have to get new ones physically (and not just a hard reboot.)

It’s possible it’s the maps download that are bad. I’d call national support and they can access the car and logs and check on what exactly is going on. Obviously you have a pretty current firmware so it’s not the usual problem of no downloads in general so either something broke recently or it’s the map (or a bad connection as stated above).

One thing to try they had me do to clear stuck maps (and they will have you do this probably so maybe do this now) is to turn off power from the Service menu, wait five minutes, and then open a door and/or step on the brake to restart things.

That’s a better restart than the scroll wheel reboot.