Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for my first electric car as my company is now offering the salary sacrifice scheme. I’ve followed Tesla for a long time but the new M3 is “unbuyable” with Tesla vision, no USS and the bonkers indicator buttons replacing stalks. My feeling is Tesla is 100% geared towards the American market and other territories are an afterthought.
The Volvo EX30 is a very interesting proposition for me as I don’t need a big car. Will maybe hang on and see what the Tesla M2 offers.

On this thread though, it is the height of delusion to think that installing alternative indicators is somehow not a modification to the car. Anything installed in a car is a modification and something insurance companies will want to know about. Not the same as just hanging up dice. And I suspect most insurance companies will just not want to know.

:) May have been a bit harsh on the m3. There’s a hell of a lot to like, just the negatives have built up now. Ready for a new electric car July 24 or can extend my lease on my golf r for another year and wait til July 25 and see how the electric market pans out.

BMW doesn’t give you a cup holder to begin with and it comes as £75 option.
First you said you had to pay for cupholders...

It is not, I paid £75 as an option to configure the cup holder (adaptive) at the back in the X3 in 2013
Then you said you had to pay to get an adaptive cup holder. So the car did come with cup holders standard after all.

At the end of the day choice is good for all, if you want a company that only offers very limited choice in the car then you can have a Tesla. If you fancy customising your car to just your taste, there's plenty of luxury brands to do that as well. As long as they can sell cars and have a market plus can make a profit they have a working business model. It's not wrong, it's just a different way of doing things.

I think Tesla has been a breath of fresh air to the car market. They do some really stupid things sometimes but overall have had a very positive effect. They were very close to having a pretty perfect revision of the Model 3 with Highland and then they kind of ruined it at the same time. It's going to be like marmite, some will love it and others will hate it. It was less of a marmite car before when it had stalks.

Reactions: ACarneiro
They were very close to having a pretty perfect revision of the Model 3 with Highland and then they kind of ruined it at the same time. It's going to be like marmite, some will love it and others will hate it. It was less of a marmite car before when it had stalks.
These are the same words that was spoken/written on this forum when the v11 update happened. Since then Tesla has sold around 2.5million cars. Let us wait for another year and see how many they sell before predicting the future.

These are the same words that was spoken/written on this forum when the v11 update happened. Since then Tesla has sold around 2.5million cars. Let us wait for another year and see how many they sell before predicting the future.
And V11 still sucks. Sure was the final nail in the "gets better every update" narrative for me :) V11 probably did not turn off many prospective new customers because most don't follow things like that before purchase. Sure did piss off a lot of existing owners though. Not a good long-term strategy.

Reactions: Hurricane and Pants
These are the same words that was spoken/written on this forum when the v11 update happened.

And look what the backlash on v11 achieved. Had people not been vocal about it, it would still be a pileofshite, but Tesla looked to have listened and it’s much improved.

By the time we jumped back on board (actually pretty much forced on us to avoid being nagged every drive to install) about 6 months later, thankfully much of the functionality the missing functionality that we used each trip had been restored, albeit many where we were use to finding them, but that’s another topic.

Last edited:
And look what the backlash on v11 achieved. Had people not been vocal about it, it would still be a pileofshite, but Tesla looked to have listened and it’s much improved.
The architecture of the platform v11 is the same as when it was introduced mainly moving towards reducing user input so that errors are minimised and the most critiqued AP works as it was intended. This has not changed. And even removing sensors, stalks and gear levers are all part of that vision concept. It is just the application of it or the user interface is been made more friendly than how it was introduced. And these iteration changes are usually steps in software progression as you know that well as a SE.

And even removing sensors, stalks and gear levers are all part of that vision concept.
It’s just a shame that vision is such a pile of shite. Driving 160 miles on the motorway yesterday and as usual my wipers were completely useless when there was no actual rain but loads of surface spray. I had to switch them to manual and that meant I couldn’t use AP. Well done Tesla.

Reactions: Type2