Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So… Highland is out…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
add value not take it away.
Hmm you contradict yourself, you downloaded v11 after 6months as the software iteration became more user friendly and how is that taking value away. Removing Stalks is not part of software iteration it is part of the basic vision architecture.

Even dishy Rishy is romancing Elon knowing that he is useful to him and his party, let us not be too critical of one of the best cars (in terms of what it was intended to achieve as EV not as a competitor to legacy car manufacturers) ever made to the market after model T.

Hmm you contradict yourself, you downloaded v11 after 6months as the software iteration became more user friendly and how is that taking value away.

I don’t contradict myself if you read what I said and the order that it occurred. Its clearly the Tesla way to accept taking a huge step backward on the (often wildly inaccurate) promise of moving forward.

And btw, we didn’t download v11. The download was automatically downloaded on over mobile connection without us initiating it and without us having any wifi connection. But we did install it but only after being constantly nagged to install before every drive.

And as for being more user friendly you have totally made that up (quel surprise), in fact I even specifically said that everything was not where we expected to find things to the point that I had a very interesting email exchange with a former colleague, someone highly influential in road safety, about the ethics and safety implications of mass forcing a whole new user interface on a group of car owners especially in the manner that it was undertaken.

Last edited:
No steering wheel is fine when the time is right. Judging by the recent autopilot trajectory that may be never at this rate.

Judge when FSD v12 is released instead. UK Autopilot is massively crippled and not a good gauge, FSD beta developments have been far more encouraging but still lots of work to do... Hang on this thread really has been derailed. It should be closed or re-named to something more generic.

These are the same words that was spoken/written on this forum when the v11 update happened. Since then Tesla has sold around 2.5million cars. Let us wait for another year and see how many they sell before predicting the future.
Sure they'll sell plenty, just I think it'll be less than they'd have sold if it had stalks. No way to quantify that though unless sales really tank but even then it could be the economy. We just won't ever know.

We just won't ever know.
That’s not true. This car had something common with the Tesla Model 3 when it comes to steering wheel, it had the ‘quartic steering wheel’. It was on sale for nine years and sold around 650,000 models - but its Austin 1100 predecessor sold 2.1 million examples in all of its badge engineered guises. It will be quickly obvious if the sales tank in this modern world with forums like this which wasn’t there in the 70s.

1699124363857.jpeg

That’s not true. This car had something common with the Tesla Model 3 when it comes to steering wheel, it had the ‘quartic steering wheel’. It was on sale for nine years and sold around 650,000 models - but its Austin 1100 predecessor sold 2.1 million examples in all of its badge engineered guises. It will be quickly obvious if the sales tank in this modern world with forums like this which wasn’t there in the 70s.

View attachment 987967
I had one of these - my first car. Utter garbage!

View attachment 987967
They also charged 3 shillings for cup holders and that’s why they sold so many/few (delete as you see fit)

They also charged 3 shillings for cup holders and that’s why they sold so many/few (delete as you see fit)
Another interesting fact related to this car that was mentioned somewhere was the police wanted the manufacturer to change the steering wheel and in fact that happened according to some reports as it did not suit their ‘driving style’.

I am wondering what the police think of stalkless Model 3 and whether the police intervention in UK is the final solution for this stalk/no stalk issue with Model 3 :).

View attachment 987967
So if Tesla sell 150k Model 3 this year when they sold 240k last year. Would that drop be because of:

1. Cost of living
2. Interest rates
3. People going off EV’s
4. Better competiton
5. Elon Musk
6. No stalks
7. Something else?

Let’s say they sell 300k, a nice 60k increase on last year. They might have sold another 60k if they had stalks.

I’m glad we have Internet forums these days so you can tell us which of these it might be…

Reactions: Adopado
So if Tesla sell 150k Model 3 this year when they sold 240k last year. Would that drop be because of:

1. Cost of living
2. Interest rates
3. People going off EV’s
4. Better competiton
5. Elon Musk
6. No stalks
7. Something else?

Let’s say they sell 300k, a nice 60k increase on last year. They might have sold another 60k if they had stalks.

I’m glad we have Internet forums these days so you can tell us which of these it might be…
Good indicators to watch are the 3/Y sales ratio (until the Y is updated), and the 3's share of the market relative to other cars in it's class. After a few months that is, once the Tesla faithful have all gotten theirs and the early adopter bump is past.

Reactions: zoomer0056
3/Y sales ratio (until the Y is updated),

I bought a 3 when they first came out, always wanted a Y ('coz we need a hatchback) so swapped as soon as the Y came out.

I expect a lot of people in UK (and probably EU) are the same, so boards of people will switch from their current 3 to a Y when their finance etc. comes to an end. So I reckon that will distort that particular metric