Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slightly more 'Radical' or a smaller 'Model S'...

Should the Model 3 be...

• a little more 'Radical'

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • like a smaller Model S

Votes: 42 40.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love it, it would be an excellent base to design Model 3 from.

Btw: the interior picture is from an another car....

I know the interior is from a other car. But why do we still need steering wheels, a stick is much better and safer in case of a accident.
It will incorporate rear view camera's much easier.
And we already do have the big central screen, why not spread it out across the whole dash.

Jaff

Might be ok for some, but far too Rad for me...it looks inflatable...​

I understand you thing about it being inflatable, but as Model 3 pointed out, it would be a great base to design a modern interpretation of it using all the current knowledge of aerodynamics.

Those of us who are left handed might not agree. I'm not keen on steering a car with my right hand only.

Why not sit on the right side than? It will make the need for differ versions of the same car left and righthand drive unnecessary. With a single switch flipped changing from lefthand to righthand drive :)
Even the need for a dash can be done away with if they would use a HUD (Head up Display)
Lots of ways to make the Model III a revolutionary car without the need to go overboard with way to advanced and untested technology.

Why not sit on the right side than? It will make the need for differ versions of the same car left and righthand drive unnecessary. With a single switch flipped changing from lefthand to righthand drive :)
Even the need for a dash can be done away with if they would use a HUD (Head up Display)
Lots of ways to make the Model III a revolutionary car without the need to go overboard with way to advanced and untested technology.
I've driven a right-hand drive car (in the US). I don't think I'd want to do that on a regular basis. I get your point, but I think it would be really hard to get used to on an ongoing basis.

I honestly think radical will be 400+ range (base) with premium options to extend the range (as opposed to performance). Why would they want to compete with the Model S/X? Huge range + a robust Supercharger network by 2017, should put that range anxiety non-sense to bed for good...

Something like this please for the Model 3.

View attachment 69599

I honestly don't think it's going to be that radical. The car is supposed to appeal to the masses--I don't think that's what the masses really will buy (they may say they think it looks good, though, confusing the issue). I'm not expecting a Ford Taurus either.

A smaller Model S could work... however the shaping may not work as well on a smaller scale.... (for example, the C-Class has some styling adjustments from what the S-Class looks like even though it is a mini version of it--BMW's seems to scale more equally).

I think it will be something that looks high-end, definitely have some unique Tesla features to it, is instantly recognizable as a Tesla and strikes the average person that has an interest in cars that they gotta have it.

-m

Personally I love the Model S design. Perhaps they'll come out with something new that will wow me, but I think the Model S design would actually look even better in a smaller package:

Tesla 3 mock.jpg

New always has to look new. No future Tesla is just going to look like a squashed or stretched or otherwise morphed Model S. When the final Model X design is unveiled we'll have a better idea how Tesla's style is going to evolve going into the future.

Agree. A morphed Model S will be too boring after so much speculation

I never meant to imply that they will just do a morphed Model S, just that one would look good. I'd certainly rather it look more like the Model S than something really strange. Most car companies have similar designs between their different models. The thing I firmly believe (and will be very disappointed if they don't achieve) is that it will be a very sporty 5 seater with good handling and acceleration. It's looks should say "sporty" instead of "different" or "practical". That's where BMW failed in my opinion with the i3.

Personally I love the Model S design. Perhaps they'll come out with something new that will wow me, but I think the Model S design would actually look even better in a smaller package:

View attachment 71192

I would love that, but I'm not getting my hopes up it will be looking anything like this.

Can't wait to see the first official photographical hint at the Model 3 design.