Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it is very hard NOT to admit this when Tesla sucked air out of the Oberklasse market segment in it's most mature market - US, taking 25% share of it. Europe is next.

I am glad they start to see the writing on the wall: nobody from these 25% will even consider Audi, BMW, or MB unless they can come up with a compelling EV, backed up by the proper long distance charging infrastructure. These companies are walking dead unless they can produce compelling EV, and they do not have luxury of ample time to do this. The simple fundamental truth of this seem to start sinking in...

Ok, it happened a little earlier than I expected. China is next

Sydney is 14 hours ahead of EDT, so assuming that Sydney store opens at 10am, it will be 8pm on the East Coast. This is why, I think Elon tweeted that one week totals for the reservations will be posted on Wednesday. Today at 8pm will be exactly a week since last Thursday, 10 am in Sydney.

So it looks that we can expect a tweet some time after 8pm EDT.

Your math is impeccable. You are correct. I've simply gotten the sense from his other "updates" that he's not all that concerned with punctuality or specific timing. His other updates were early morning or evening PST, seemingly just because. And if he can improve action for tomorrow by waiting till EOD tonight, I think he just may. Looking forward to hearing the official numbers. 350k+ would be stellar.

Wow strong finish on high volume today too!

Got $270 weeklies 2 hours ago, looking good already but it's a pure high-leverage play for tomorrow. I hope Elon actually does tweet and that the number of reservations has grown more than most will have expected. I just have this feeling that as we broke $250 on good volume there's this vacuum between $250 and the ATH of $290 where there's room for the stock to run... I won't harp on about the short interest, but with a very short perspective (as when you're trading short term options) it creates an important dynamic. And I just feel that those who were clever enough to go short during the last ATH times have very likely all covered during the dip earlier this year, profitably. That means that basically everyone who is short is underwater after we passed $250. (Yes I know there are many who are short as a hedge or in more complex trades, but there are a lot of traders that are simply straigh short).

Last edited:
Reactions: austinEV
Last edited:
Guys, please don't set your sights on too high of a reservations number.

The rate of reservations decelerated quite dramatically over updates Elon gave. My estimation is that we will get maybe 310K reservations. Any number above 300K is good enough for me.

Lets not set ourselves up for a disappointment please.

Agreed. That being said, I still think 300k+ will help us continue this consistent rise. Just picked up a single $270 weekly haha. #teamjohan

• Funny
Reactions: Johan
Agreed. That being said, I still think 300k+ will help us continue this consistent rise. Just picked up a single $270 weekly haha. #teamjohan

I'll be very surprised if it's ~ 310,000. I'm confident many people who placed deposits, especially those who were at the unveiling or waited in line have told many of their friends about the Model 3, and have been very enthusiastic deposit holders.

Unscientific poll: Like this post if you waited in line or were at the unveiling, and have told someone about the Model 3, who isn't very familiar with EV's, who placed a deposit because of you. :cool:

Last edited:
I have to update my valuation model now... 350000 --> 350002

From the FT article:

"In an online poll by Autobild, the car magazine, two-thirds of the 6,200 German respondents said “Super, I want to have one”, when asked about the Tesla Model 3.

The results were significant given Germans’ allegiance to their domestic brands, said Arndt Ellinghorst, analyst at Evercore ISI."

Status
Not open for further replies.