Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that with certainty???? The car may have hit something before pulling into the supercharger. Maybe it's an older model car and he never got the titanium shield retro-fit. Once again, I agree that your conclusion is logical, but certainty is a little far-fetched.

Well that is a far fetched scenario. But fine, not certainty, just high probability.

And if it really was caused by road debris then this is really a non-issue, since that problem has already been resolved and impacts zero new Teslas.

This would be considered less than 1 in 100,000 no? It would be 1 in 100's of thousands if not a million plus supercharges. I do agree let's wait for hard facts before we get too concerned, unfortunately the market may not do that on Monday.

I think TSLA investors may be a little sensitive about anything "fire" related since they've been burned by the 2013 incidents, hence the initial reaction on here to this latest news. But recall, on Oct 1, 2013 when the first road fire was reported, after an initial selloff from the all time high of 193 at the time, it recovered to 189 two weeks later. In other words, the market shrugged it off after the initial reaction. The much larger declines that followed only ensued after multiple fires reoccurred, which ignited fears that it was a widespread problem which represents existential risk to the company.

To equate what happened then(after multiple fires) to this 1 in a million charging fire which may or may not even be a result of charging or anything Tesla related is a mistake.

In that light, I am actually quite disappointed that the markets are not open today, as a reactionary buying opportunity may have been missed.

I think TSLA investors may be a little sensitive about anything "fire" related since they've been burned by the 2013 incidents, hence the initial reaction on here to this latest news. But recall, on Oct 1, 2013 when the first road fire was reported, after an initial selloff from the all time high of 193 at the time, it recovered to 189 two weeks later. In other words, the market shrugged it off after the initial reaction. The much larger declines that followed only ensued after multiple fires reoccurred, which ignited fears that it was a widespread problem which represents existential risk to the company.

To equate what happened then(after multiple fires) to this 1 in a million charging fire which may or may not even be a result of charging or anything Tesla related is a mistake.

In that light, I am actually quite disappointed that the markets are not open today, as a reactionary buying opportunity may have been missed.

Can't agree more. This will be a short term issue.

At the same time, hopefully they find what caused the fire so the car and/or charger can be improved. At the power levels during supercharging if anything goes wrong you will generate a lot of heat very quickly.

It has been first registered in Norway on 12.03.2014
It has a new owner for 2 days.
Well that is interesting since the immolation appears to have started in the cabin vs the battery. Owner might have left something inside that caught fire.

Regardless, will be interesting to see the market and Tesla corporate reaction (if any). I've been saving some money to buy on a low.

Status
Not open for further replies.