Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The borrowing activity before market open at Fidelity stood at 95.8K shares today, compared to 242k, 35k and 62k shares on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Interest rate steady at 2.5%

Snap1.png

That's not how it works. If someone quotes someone you have ignored, you will see that poster's post, but you will not see the post they have quoted from the user you've ignored. It's silly.

But for real, how are people still responding to, I assume, myusername?

raw
No. If you quote someone I've ignored, I don't see that post of yours either.

Can you give me some context on what you interpret this as predicting or showing? Charts aren't my forte.

Thanks in advance.
it's just a pattern I noticed that I expect will either end at some point, but is creating mild short squeezes. if $198 gets heavily broken and it doesn't recover to it, I think this suggests whatever is causing this pattern is ending... or there could be another dramatic upswing this afternoon in the range of $203 to $205... where it then continues.

Moderator Intervention

Let's see. Either:
  • A terribly large fraction of this thread's active contributors are
    • collectively amnesiac, or
    • desirous of a week- or month-long ban
or
  • They've put the Moderator on "Ignore"
Either way, discussion of "Ignore" and who's on, who's off, why posts & replies don't makes sense...stops now.

"Ignoring" is a private decision, it stays private, and its ramifications are yours to bear alone.

We've gone over relative personal experience in the past on this board and it leads to a lot of noise... I think it's probably best just to compare the amount of effort and funding the massive companies that are being referenced in these posts to Tesla and ask... why do you think Tesla is more capable than Google, Apple, Uber, GM, Mercedes, etc.?... try taking Elon out of the equation when you mull over this... he's a brilliant marketer... but that really isn't relevant when the "rubber hits the road".

You can't take Elon out of the equation.

Companies like this thrive when the guy at top is a legend.

So that you aren't working for x company, you are working "the guy who makes things happen"

Jobs, Zuckerberg... for example.

It is a force multiplier.

Add to that the mission. It is not sell more cars, it is change the world. Another force multiplier.

Then finally, add the evil nemesis. Oil Companies? Car Dealerships? Stuck In The Past Auto Manufacturers? Oh yeah, another force multiplier.

Legend Leader + Noble Mission + Evil Nemesis = Motivated Laser Focus

It is not hard to image why Tesla is succeeding and will succeed more in the future where other companies with no legends, no mission, no nemesis will get left behind. Its work force is force multiplied beyond all others.

Oh and the more simple truths are:

GM and Mercedes etc. will get bogged down with the anchor of a sinking ICE business to support. Think Nokia with flip phones.

Google and Apple will never have the focus to succeed (really not their business these cars, big batteries, and solar) Think Microsoft trying to do the Zune.

Uber? Has the best shot, but definitely the B team to Tesla's A squad.

it's just a pattern I noticed that I expect will either end at some point, but is creating mild short squeezes. if $198 gets heavily broken and it doesn't recover to it, I think this suggests whatever is causing this pattern is ending... or there could be another dramatic upswing this afternoon in the range of $203 to $205... where it then continues.

It could go down or it could go up. That's super helpful.

I miss the magic 8 ball.

Can I go a little off-topic and request those who are tracking delivery numbers to update rest of us on how we are trending for year end. Also a little worried about how the polar vortex might impact Midwest and north east deliveries. Hopefully, there is not a lot more to deliver in those regions.

It could go down or it could go up. That's super helpful.

I miss the magic 8 ball.
that is not what i'm saying... i'm saying $198 is significant... and to be specific, I'm saying a low drama pin at $198 followed by a big jump in about 4 hours to $203 to $205 would not be a surprise... and were you just watching the stock thinking "oh man... this things about to break out?"... because I wasn't... as I said, there are mild squeezes occurring creating short term bear hammers... just like what just happened.

around 1974, the 36volt "lead sled" ElCar (which was also around it's top speed, 36mph, 2 seater, on flat land, faster downhill) was based on the Fiat 500 platform, so almost 1/2 century later, progress oozes along, almost bought one (it had a DC motor, probably with brushes, as opposed to Tesla with a rotating magnetic field AC Induction motor, btw)

A lot like the 2007 Zenn I traded in on our Tesla ;-)

Moderator Intervention

Let's see. Either:
  • A terribly large fraction of this thread's active contributors are
    • collectively amnesiac, or
    • desirous of a week- or month-long ban
or
  • They've put the Moderator on "Ignore"
Either way, discussion of "Ignore" and who's on, who's off, why posts & replies don't makes sense...stops now.

"Ignoring" is a private decision, it stays private, and its ramifications are yours to bear alone.

I think you'd get a lot more response out of your mod notes if they posted to the forum at 5pm est when the markets are closed and for the next 16 or so hours the number of posts per minute is closer to zero. I'm not sure most people are seeing your notes.

Reactions: erthquake
I've tried to figure how to get Mod posts to grace the top of every single page....fortunately for many, there appears to be only one way to do that, which avenue I am not going to pursue!

Status
Not open for further replies.