Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expended my last bullets this morning. Hope the pre-market is the bottom.

My theory was simple, if just about everyone is looking to buy at 120, the price will never get there. As it is, the price is just ridiculous.

FWIW, the OTA to calibrate the FWDs boosted my confidence a bit as well.

(Why Tesla ships cars with incomplete software anyway ;))

It is nice to see green. I do suspect some buying into ER and some short covering. It would be nice to be proven wrong..yet again, and have TSLA surge.

Especially hopeful for this for @dreamingof3 who seems to have gotten into TSLA at exactly the wrong short term time....GO DReamin!

It is nice to see green. I do suspect some buying into ER and some short covering. It would be nice to be proven wrong..yet again, and have TSLA surge.

Especially hopeful for this for @dreamingof3 who seems to have gotten into TSLA at exactly the wrong short term time....GO DReamin!

Yeah, baby! Go Dreaminof3 !!!

I have to admit... as long and strong as I've been since 2013, and as many people as I've told about Tesla, cars I've sold and investors I've introduced to TSLA, this morning I felt the WORST. I was using the term "capitulation" in my head. Not planning to sell, but just sort of wondering if I'd been sucked into something that was going to take a much longer time to work out than I'd ever thought.

To me, my thought processes were bottoming.

If it were me, I would wait until after tomorrow's ER to validate this bounce. Will admit though, a day like today is sure nice to have, especially after this past month (with an analyst downgrade no less).

+1 on Dreamin! Now we are all dreaming of a great day!

via streetinsider.com:

Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) posted the following to its news blog on Monday:

Early this year, Tesla 7.1 software introduced an array of new Autopilot features to further enhance the convenience and safety of the driving experience. While many of these features move the ball forward toward a safer autonomous future, none is more significant than the remote parking technology known as Summon.

Summon addresses three primary goals. First and foremost, Summon addresses a significant safety risk inherent to driver-operated vehicles in tight quarters. When maneuvering a vehicle in these conditions, the significance of driver blind spots grows immensely. Areas immediately in front of, beside, or behind the car that rarely pose a threat in higher-speed operation on a roadway suddenly become home to pedestrians, pets, grocery carts, and clutter, often with disastrous consequences. Between 2008 and 2011, NHTSA estimates that over 900 people were killed and another 52,000 injured by vehicles backing up in the United States alone.

By enabling remote retrieval of Model S or Model X from a parking space, Summon provides the driver with a direct line of sight to the danger zones around it. At the same time, ultrasonic sensors placed around the vehicle proactively guard against any unseen or moving hazards and enable the car to stop upon detection. If at any time during the Summon maneuver the driver decides to stop Model S or Model X, he or she can do so with a simple tap of the app, keyfob, or a door handle. While these additional layers of security will not completely eliminate accidents when using semi-autonomous features like Summon, when used correctly, they can reduce their occurrence relative to conventional driving.
Secondly, Summon significantly improves the convenience of the parking experience, providing access to narrow spaces that would otherwise have been off limits given the difficulty they pose for opening, entering, or exiting a traditional door. In these scenarios, Summon makes the car much more accessible to loading children, passengers, or cargo.

Finally, Summon lays important groundwork for an increasingly autonomous world. One where the convenience and safety of transport vastly exceed what we are used to today. Autopilot began this process on the highways. Summon begins it in your garage. As the technology advances, the complementary capabilities of each will converge.

thanks guys! I appreciate your balance when I have been clearly upset about TEsla share price and the shenanigans going on. Is there ever a bad time to buy Tesla if you are a long term holder?! Is the beta on this stock now 5 or what?!?!?!

This is best piece of Tesla news in a long time because it shows that Tesla is all about engineering and solving problems. If you read on the linked thread you can read from a couple of MX members being very impressed and happy with the OTA.

Since when has Tesla not been about engineering and solving problems?! How much more does Tesla have to prove before people get it? Such short memories some people have. I'll channel my inner Alsop and say that there are number of people here who should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe tomorrow a few of you might like to finish your morning coffee before getting all emotional about Premarket?

TSLA is mirroring NASDAQ movement with a multiplier effect. Will be curious to see if TSLA can move on its own on the way up.

Also - does anyone have any theories about the last couple day's moves being manipulated by big shorts trying to get out before ER? i.e. the lemon people and Chanos (are they the same?).

Status
Not open for further replies.