Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably another conference call with reporters, Elon will describe the product then talk about how excited he is & expects owners will "Love it" & he "thinks its going to be great" along with a unrealistic release date.

Better to have a BREAKTHROUGH PRODUCT with an unrealistic date than NOTHING SIGNIFICANT TO ADD like every other solar company.

Admittedly the "if" word is one of those tricks about rationality which we delude ourselves with from time to time, but:

If the principal reason for recent skepticism about TSLA price is due to the surprise merger announcement, then by November 18 the stock should start climbing then or shortly after with the next positive announcement, that is October 17th with the new product reveal. (I know, the timing is ass backwards, but we're dealing with an irrational market folks. It is slow to catch up with this thread.)

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and MitchJi
Interesting article from Electrek -- Tesla is apparently building drive unit production lines at the Gigafactory.

Good find indeed. Tesla is putting that 3x volume efficiency increase in battery production to good work by using that space to help take some pressure away from Fremont. The latter may be more space constrained than we imagine once they start allocating space to the Model 3 production lines.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and TMSE
image.png
Voted "for "

Good find indeed. Tesla is putting that 3x volume efficiency increase in battery production to good work by using that space to help take some pressure away from Fremont. The latter may be more space constrained than we imagine once they start allocating space to the Model 3 production lines.

Will be very interesting to hear from Tesla what doubling of Fremont factory footprint plus moving some DU production to the GF means in terms of vehicle production capacity.

Maybe they'll shed some light on this in the upcoming ER report or call.

See, I'm not that concerned about Canada being a bit behind the US in terms of M3 deliveries.

Elon has basically all but confirmed that Tesla will manipulate its deliveries to ensure the maximum number of M3 buyers get that tax credit. That means Tesla needs to deliver their 200,000th car in the US on the first day of a quarter.

Thus, unless that happens by chance, there will be a period of time where Tesla can't deliver a car in the US without triggering it. The options then, are stockpile cars until the quarter ends, or ship them internationally. While I do believe there will be some stockpiling, Tesla can't afford to tie up too much capital in finished product, so I suspect that the majority of those cars that can't get shipped to the US will come to Canada, as its too complicated to get them on boats to go overseas. Additionally, so far as any of us know, there are 373k reservations, and a factory that should have a run rate in excess of 500k cars per year. I estimate only about half of the reservations are US reservations, so in 2 quarters, they should be able to deliver all of the reserved US cars, even accounting for some ramp.

Judging from the initial postings, it doesn't seem that many have noticed the 2nd item that was on the proxyvote. Come hell or highwater, this merger WILL be done. Maybe not on Nov 17th, but it will happen.

My understanding is if they have the votes before Nov 17 then they could proceed earlier. Can anyone confirm this? Over a month seems like a long time to tally votes when it seems like most of them could be voted within the next week, it only took me about 30 seconds to do it electronically.

Wonder the market reaction would be if they came out some time this week and said they already had enough votes for it to pass?

Wonder the market reaction would be if they came out some time this week and said they already had enough votes for it to pass?

BFO, blinding flash of the obvious: The market might react but I still have the option to change my vote so legally Tesla/Solar City can't announce an actual vote until the 17th or later so it would be another irrational response by the market.

There's some saying that better captures the thought above. Something like "it's not over even when the old windbreaker stops his petarding." (When in doubt about decorum always borrow from Shakespeare, a safe hedge.)

Last edited:
BFO, blinding flash of the obvious: The market might react but I still have the option to change my vote so legally Tesla/Solar City can't announce an actual vote until the 17th or later so it would be another irrational response by the market.

There's some saying that better captures the thought above. Something like "it's not over even when the old windbreaker stops his petarding." (When in doubt about decorum always borrow from Shakespeare, a safe hedge.)
Yes, I very much doubt that a formal vote can be shortcircuited. Polls are not votes, and as the extinguished professor so eloquently explained, a vote can be changed at the actual meeting - which is, I believe, the only legal forum. Farts and all - no, that was Winston? :p Well, almost. Maybe Wellington, or Nelson. Some -on. :rolleyes:

Reactions: tander
Status
Not open for further replies.