Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I very much doubt that a formal vote can be shortcircuited. Polls are not votes, and as the extinguished professor so eloquently explained, a vote can be changed at the actual meeting - which is, I believe, the only legal forum. Farts and all - no, that was Winston? :p Well, almost. Maybe Wellington, or Nelson. Some -on. :rolleyes:

I am registering my NO vote to the "extinguished" professor. Based on my familiarity with some of his posts this characterization does not quite fit. :)

I hope this is just the case of autocorrect getting some AI bent on cruel jokes...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SpaceAce and tander
I am registering my NO vote to the "extinguished" professor. Based on my familiarity with some of his posts this characterization does not quite fit. :)

I hope this is just the case of autocorrect getting some AI bent on cruel jokes...
The technical term is autocorrupt. And ftr, I was only going by his own self-reported story of what his trophy wife calls him, so ...

Can anyone tell it's a pent-up weekend? ;)

ce6cc18c2dd72f7db7eea1a0349ec004c9f7c9563180eb96f2f8bbac6e615c59.jpg

BFO, blinding flash of the obvious: The market might react but I still have the option to change my vote so legally Tesla/Solar City can't announce an actual vote until the 17th or later so it would be another irrational response by the market.

There's some saying that better captures the thought above. Something like "it's not over even when the old windbreaker stops his petarding." (When in doubt about decorum always borrow from Shakespeare, a safe hedge.)
Yes, I very much doubt that a formal vote can be shortcircuited. Polls are not votes, and as the extinguished professor so eloquently explained, a vote can be changed at the actual meeting - which is, I believe, the only legal forum. Farts and all - no, that was Winston? :p Well, almost. Maybe Wellington, or Nelson. Some -on. :rolleyes:

Yeah my thought was if the top institutional holders can muster a majority, as I think is the case, it would make retail votes redundant and it seems like they could just call Vanguard etc., and ask if they can confirm their votes and push the date up. But I don't know, maybe they are happy with Nov 17 and wouldn't want it to happen any sooner.

The technical term is autocorrupt. And ftr, I was only going by his own self-reported story of what his trophy wife calls him, so ...

I proudly wear the label. It fits in both senses as she sometimes reminds me with an artful smirk. (She now has a vastly greater vocabulary in English than her native Thai which she proudly admits and sometimes uses with devastatingly effect coaching me into better behavior.)

Reactions: SpaceAce
Yeah my thought was if the top institutional holders can muster a majority, as I think is the case, it would make retail votes redundant and it seems like they could just call Vanguard etc., and ask if they can confirm their votes and push the date up. But I don't know, maybe they are happy with Nov 17 and wouldn't want it to happen any sooner.
Sure, I too think the outcome is a given, but to make it legal there will have to be a formal count of valid votes at a formal meeting. That's my read (IANAL).

This is really fantastic:

MKBHD is a majorly influential YouTuber (3.7 million subscribers) and just picked up his P100D today! This video will get millions of views. Name one other automaker whose customers will provide this level of free advertising!

Just revisited the video on youtube by accident, now has 1,196,835 views after just 3 weeks (posted 9/23) :eek:!

Sure, I too think the outcome is a given, but to make it legal there will have to be a formal count of valid votes at a formal meeting. That's my read (IANAL).
And here we go AGAIN. Twice within the same week. Guys, first, TMI. Second, this is a public forum, I mean CHILDREN can see it. Plus if you ever run for president, the internet has a long memory....

My understanding is if they have the votes before Nov 17 then they could proceed earlier. Can anyone confirm this? Over a month seems like a long time to tally votes when it seems like most of them could be voted within the next week, it only took me about 30 seconds to do it electronically.

Wonder the market reaction would be if they came out some time this week and said they already had enough votes for it to pass?

Yeah, I don't think you can read it that way. The exact wording called for the solicitation of additional proxies "if there are not sufficient votes to approve the tesla merger". That means if for some reason there aren't enough votes for the merger, they can (and probably will) try again. That means the merger WILL go through (either on Nov 17th or later).

Yeah, I don't think you can read it that way. The exact wording called for the solicitation of additional proxies "if there are not sufficient votes to approve the tesla merger". That means if for some reason there aren't enough votes for the merger, they can (and probably will) try again. That means the merger WILL go through (either on Nov 17th or later).

I suppose if the online vote totals include the major blocks (Fidelity, etc.), and sufficient retail voters. and are available that day showing majority approval, that might be announced before the meeting ends and our anxieties relieved.

Reactions: Nate the Great
Any theories behind the spike of over 1/2 million TSLA shares traded after hours last night?

What looks like big trades a few minutes after market closing usually turns out to be trades during market hours that were late in posting. Looking at the volume involved, you would expect a much bigger spike if that size of trade took place in slow after-hours trading on a Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.