Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably an improved navigation system with real time recommendation on speed in order to make it to destination, if at all possible. There were indications that this version of Navigation system has been used/tested as far back as TM cross country trip.

ANY positive news to counteract the seemingly endless onslaught of negative reporting/spin is welcome. I have to say, if this^^^is it, while an improvement that may help some people, is something that all of us can reasonably predict/calculate ourselves.

ANY positive news to counteract the seemingly endless onslaught of negative reporting/spin is welcome. I have to say, if this^^^is it, while an improvement that may help some people, is something that all of us can reasonably predict/calculate ourselves.

But maybe it's not just for 'ourselves'. Maybe the intent is for everyone else who doesn't own an EV and who views range anxiety as a barrier?

Ok, enough talk about demand.
Went to local Tesla store in Germany today and asked for a new Model S85 / S85D in dark blue.
[...]
Asked about waiting time for the new car. Got the followoing answers:
- waiting time for new S85: 2 - 3 monts
- waiting time for new S85D: more like 3 - 4 months
if I would sign the contract today.

I thought this might be an interesting measuring point to share.

Thanks for the great discussion on waiting time, price concessions and dealers.

To my opinion the only chance to counteract the vague argument "that there is not enough demand" is to get some real figures from the real world (reminds me of the deduction of deliveries from VINs some time ago).

Here is my proposal for collecting some data that might be useful to get some more precise figures for worldwide demand.

GlobalDemand.jpg

Any help to collect some data around the globe is very welcome.
I am curious on the average figures we'll get for North America, Europe and Asia / Pacific!

Warren Buffet investment in BYD (+ solar/wind) could very well foretell financing the gigafactory ... "Berkshire Hathaway Energy is the parent's BRK/A biggest commitment to any industry other than insurance comprising $15 billion worth of solar and wind investments and $6 billion for NV Energy, the largest utility in Nevada. Buffet has long sought investment in industries that he considers cornerstones of the modern economy."

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out what kind of software update would justify a press conference. Sure, owners will be happy but not seeing what he could announce that would make shareholders happy. If we get a rally based on this tweet (which is long overdue anyway), I'd be worried that the price would then drop if this announcement isn't groundbreaking.

"Groundbreaking" would need to be something like an all-new feature that changes the value proposition of a Model S, not an incremental navigation improvement.

It has to be a software update. So maybe there will be faster supercharging but it can't be that much faster. Best case would be 150kw all the way to 80% so an 80% charge in 20 to 25 minutes. But IF there is a supercharge update it will in addition to better NAV software. Better NAV software is guaranteed. It will calculate the fastest route including all the supercharging you need and will also know where other chargers are as well. So you just get in and go and you don't have to think about it and the car will give you an ETA that includes charging time.

So a part of me thinks if the stock does start running up as the press conference nears that the market will once again expect more than Tesla can deliver. I bought a few extra calls in my LEAP position last week, if there is a good profit on those this week I will sell as the conference begins. If this is the beginning of Tesla's ultimate destiny of being the largest company in the world then I will be happy with my core position. If the market is disappointed then I will probably buy those calls back again.

I am trying to figure out what kind of software update would justify a press conference. Sure, owners will be happy but not seeing what he could announce that would make shareholders happy. If we get a rally based on this tweet (which is long overdue anyway), I'd be worried that the price would then drop if this announcement isn't groundbreaking.

"Groundbreaking" would need to be something like an all-new feature that changes the value proposition of a Model S, not an incremental navigation improvement.

I agree - if its 'just' nav improvements, while very welcome, hardly worthy of a press conference

Most companies have press conferences to announce things as banal as color changes on their product packaging. I welcome increased press communication from Tesla, and I'm sure the press (the intended audience) will too. It's high time.

The last time we had anything near this type of tweet/announcement about a future event....the 'D'....TSLA moved higher in anticipation of the event/information, then moved lower when many decided it was not as important as the pre reveal excitement. So, a NAV improvement that helps you decide if you can get to point B from point A and gives advice about a nearby SC if you can't may have some positive affect on sales (mitigate some range anxiety) but is hardly necessary for seasoned EV travelers.

I am not ruling out some type of significant breakthrough in how battery power is used by the motor(s). Since software v6.1, I have realized a 5-6% decrease in kw/mile. Maybe there's a lot more improvement where that came from. Not holding my breath for significant development, but not ruling it out, either.

a Tesla Mobile charging Truck that will meet you in one of your way points. Tesla will station hundreds of these bad boys each with a 1000 Kwh battery at its superchargers. You alert Tesla command center and will get instructions like meet your rescue truck in 25 minutes at this road side location. It's a like midair refueling of fighter jets. But you need to pay for it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.