Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla has secured long-term supplier agreements with Bacanora Minerals Ltd, and Rare Earth Minerals PLC, which is the key raw material to manufacture batteries
I've heard from some Tesla employees (JB, ELon, and Diarmuid), that the key raw material for batteries is nickel and copper. In fact, Diarmuid opined that "'Lithium' is kind of a misnomer"

...sadly the competition General Motors (GM), Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Honda (HMC), Toyota (TM) etc are completely clueless
Most of them are consigned to play catch-up at a later date. That's just how it's going to be. But the GF is being treated as a project that will be a blueprint for future catcher-uppers to use. I find it ironic that the company most noted for scaring other companies into starting BEV projects was Toyota, who have abandoned that idea as impractical.

---
My long-term-content sense is tingling again.

$380 is the target. But what then? ;) Maybe split to allow more buyers to buy shares? Like Apple did ($700 to 7x $100) :)

I used to want Tesla to split just to have the perception that it's a cheaper stock (obviously wouldn't create any value - splits are all about perception). But now I realized that I wouldn't want everybody to easily afford the stock because it would just cause more weak longs and overall volatility. Berkshire Hathaway's stock makes it so that only serious investors, mainly institutions, can put into and take money out of the stock. I think and hope that Tesla will wait until the day that they create a more affordable car to split into a more affordable stock.

From $195 Monday morning to $248 Friday at close. 25%!

I hope you all have had "ice in your stomach" as we say it in Norway. This carton covers the week well, in my opinion:
image.jpg

I've heard from some Tesla employees (JB, ELon, and Diarmuid), that the key raw material for batteries is nickel and copper. In fact, Diarmuid opined that "'Lithium' is kind of a misnomer"

Lithium is only ~2% of lithium ion battery by volume.

At full capacity the GF will require ~8k metric tons of lithium.

Currently the world produces 37k metric tons of lithium.

So mining companies need to increase production of lithium by over 20% just to meet GF demand on top of increased demand by LG Chem,Samsung SDI, and Chinese EV battery suppliers.

GF demand for nickel, copper, cobalt and synthetic graphite is relatively small compared to the global demand for said minerals/materials.

I'm sure I don't have the intellectual capacity to understand what the heck Trip is talking about.

Sounds pretty clear to me:
None of the existing Auto manufacturers have the intellectual capacity to build their own GigaFactories or TeraFactories; and without a GigaFactory, none of the current auto manufacturers have any chance of winning against Tesla

Current automobile manufacturers are making the classical incumbent error…”Assuming that the Past successes will guide them into future.”.

Not sure how much help intellectual capacity can provide when it comes to understanding Trip. Some acid may do the trick... But hey, the guy's probably just having some fun on a Friday after one of his favorite stocks just came back from a 30% flash correction.

I'm sure I don't have the intellectual capacity to understand what the heck Trip is talking about.

Yes, Alex, I'd like SV gibberish for 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.