Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, it isn't so much that they are spending what they said they would spend, the concern is that they won't recoup those expenses as fast as they said because there is uncertainty about where the Model X ramp will happen.

I'm not worried about the spending, but I don't think it is fair to say they are just doing what they said but only look at the spending side.

Fair point. Everybody is just arguing over the break-even time. Worst case scenario-- it's delayed by one quarter. Because everything is hinging on the production ramp (deliveries, break even pt., Model S output, etc.) I think that's why people are jittery-- add to that we haven't seen anything substantial or know what the X even is. Once these fears are allayed I think we'll be fine but not everybody operates on blind faith.

So in essence: my message to Tesla is for Elon to tweet out that there is an X unveil event next week + pricing. Configurator goes live in 2 weeks so that they can get all their ducks in a row for orders and let the non-commitals drop off. That is all.

No. I also haven't claimed to be. But now when I read, that they were physically connected to car I'm not that surprised. I thought they did that OTA.

Just to be clear about this: They were not able to hack the car remotely, until they connected with an Ethernet cable and, presumably, installed a hack, or back door or sg.

So it's not like you drive down the highway and someone hacks in via the 3G module and takes control, drives you off a cliff. They have to target you first, get physical access to the car and I would be surprised I you could not hack almost any car like that. All have some onboard computer with some standard access port.

Just to be clear about this: They were not able to hack the car remotely, until they connected with an Ethernet cable and, presumably, installed a hack, or back door or sg.

So it's not like you drive down the highway and someone hacks in via the 3G module and takes control, drives you off a cliff. They have to target you first, get physical access to the car and I would be surprised I you could not hack almost any car like that. All have some onboard computer with some standard access port.

That is very true, once one has physical access to any machine, 9/10 times the password can be retrieved/replaced in under 30 minutes!

image.jpg

Not skeered yet.

Getting Exocet missiles fired at you is scary. Nothing gonna top that.

Unrealized loss of $53K in 18 hours. Whatever. LT story didn't change. Revenue & earnings estimates, gave realistic guidance. Better now than an October Surprise.

Back to work. See ya guys tonight.

WTH - GTC order executed at 245 today for me. I expected we'd stay in the 250s.

Same here. I didn't think we'd be seeing the 230s today.

This selloff in TSLA is being caused by yesterday's ER and the market as a whole. I figure if the market didn't selloff, we'd probably be in the high 240s or even in the mid 250s right now.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 89671

Not skeered yet.

Getting Exocet missiles fired at you is scary. Nothing gonna top that.

Unrealized loss of $53K in 18 hours. Whatever. LT story didn't change. Revenue & earnings estimates, gave realistic guidance. Better now than an October Surprise.

Back to work. See ya guys tonight.

Three months of gains wiped out in less than an hour. Where do I vomit?

Hacker story might be contributing. Patch from Tesla supposedly comes out today. Lookout (cybersecurity firm fm L.A.) will provide details Friday on how they shut down a Model S traveling 5 mph.

ETA: Oh, bollocks. They needed physical access and hooked up to the ethernet to disable the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.