Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have comments on the impact inviting all the Model X sigs + lots of production vehicles will have to the financials? As soon as you configure, the deposit moves out of cash/liabilities and into revenues right? That would add
1000 * 40,000 = 40 million for sigs and looks like we are beyond production 4000, let's say we get to 5000 by the end of the year, thats another 5000 * 5000 = 25 million
That gives Tesla 65 million in revenues assuming nothing gets delivered this year?????

How is it legal for Mark Spiegel to harass/troll Tesla and Elon the way he has been doing for the past 2 years? Does he really operate a "hedge fund"? I'm shocked anyone still cites him as an authority about anything, especially given his amateur Twitter tirades. From what I can tell, aside from Tesla, his main "positions" relate to no-name penny stocks. :wink:

So was he actually poached or relieved of his duties?

[In 2009, he moved to California to be the lead software engineer for SpaceX’s first Falcon 9 and Dragon flight. He quickly became Director of Flight Software, a position he held until July 2014. After a brief stint at machine learning firm Vicarious, he joined Tesla last May to lead the Autopilot team into the release of v7.0 update, which enabled ‘Autosteer’ and ‘Auto Lane Change’.

According to his LinkedIn profile, Rose left Tesla right after the release of the Autopilot in October and a month later, we learn that he joined Google.

http://9to5google.com/2015/11/30/go...nd-former-spacex-director-of-flight-software/

ggr, congrats to your Model S!

Do you remeber how many days after the initial deliveries event you received your Model S?
Is your VIN a Founders/Siganture/Production number?

I would simply like to understand better what we can realistically expect from Model X ramp short term wise.

My recollection is that the first Model S Founders' cars were delivered in late June. We had Signature reservation #32, which turned into Sig VIN 29, which was delivered in San Diego in mid September (18th IIRC). Cottonwood got his a few days earlier (not sure his VIN, but I know it was after ours), and another San Diegan got his a couple of days earlier too with factory delivery and one of the first long-distance drives of a Model S without superchargers (VIN 55). So that's pretty much three months.

during Q4 2015 and the potential impact on SP.

And if I should change my positions accordingly (because my positions are currently not prepared for such an scenario!).

What does anybody else think about Model X Signature vehicle deliveries as of today?

Anybody thinking about changing their positions because of this apparently slower ramp compared to Model S.

I think exact comparisons to the MS are irrelevant. I don't know how much the SP will dip if Tesla hits 50k, which I think is a slam dunk and no additional Signature MX's, which I think is possible but unlikely.

I have already moved our March calls to June calls. My tentative plan (waiting for cash to transfer into the account) is to buy a few January calls for the early January numbers announcement, plus a few more February or March calls for after the ER. I think that there is a good chance for a bump when they announce the numbers in January. If not I am confident that by the conference call that Tesla will be delivering enough MX's, plus other positives that the SP will bump. But not confident enough to leave most of our portfolio in March calls though

Last edited:
How is it legal for Mark Spiegel to harass/troll Tesla and Elon the way he has been doing for the past 2 years? Does he really operate a "hedge fund"? I'm shocked anyone still cites him as an authority about anything, especially given his amateur Twitter tirades. From what I can tell, aside from Tesla, his main "positions" relate to no-name penny stocks. :wink:

It's definitely legal as there aren't many rules for that on the internet. I hope people do their own research for both sides of the coin bull and bear. It's been discussed before, but I'll bring it up again... his words hold little weight. How he gets on Bloomberg... I have no idea. Here are some details on his "hedgefund."

The Fund - Home Page
The Fund's Address - 300 E 77th St, New York, NY 10075 | Trulia
Bloomberg Information on the fund - Stanphyl Capital Management: Private Company Information - Businessweek

Would like to bring attention to one thing for tomorrow's action. Volvo is holding an event to unveil the future of their cars, and two things they are rumored to reveal is a new V90, and an autonomous EV to be released in 2019.

What are the chances that they will announce a partnership with Tesla to leverage the supercharger network for their EV? Batteries even? If so - could have a pretty substantial impact on near term stock price.

Thoughts?

Would like to bring attention to one thing for tomorrow's action. Volvo is holding an event to unveil the future of their cars, and two things they are rumored to reveal is a new V90, and an autonomous EV to be released in 2019.

What are the chances that they will announce a partnership with Tesla to leverage the supercharger network for their EV? Batteries even? If so - could have a pretty substantial impact on near term stock price.

Thoughts?

There is no incentive for them to announce any battery partnership.

Mods, remove this comment about short term trading in the short term thread. :)
Nice to see Green for a change. Holding above the 200dma was important. Now, we need Volvo to announce they are partnering in the SC network, deliveries of Sig Xs and Jan 4th announcement that deliveries topped 50k for the year....

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
It's definitely legal as there aren't many rules for that on the internet. I hope people do their own research for both sides of the coin bull and bear. It's been discussed before, but I'll bring it up again... his words hold little weight. How he gets on Bloomberg... I have no idea. Here are some details on his "hedgefund."

The Fund - Home Page
The Fund's Address - 300 E 77th St, New York, NY 10075 | Trulia
Bloomberg Information on the fund - Stanphyl Capital Management: Private Company Information - Businessweek

The address his "hedge fund" is registered to is a condo. Unless I'm mistaken, the value of his "hedge fund" as stated in his SEC filings, is about the same value as the apartment building his hedge fund is registered to.

Also, he used to run a strange website called News Joke, that had the motto "The News is a Joke". :confused:
NEWSJOKE INC. | FLUSHING, NY

Last edited:
I have bought and sold multiple times. I hold a core share position. I have not always bought high and sold low but have found that TSLA is a momentum stock with a good deal of volitility. I have said before when everyone says 'get onboard now or you will miss the TSLA train' ( and we have heard that numerous times over the last two years) that I am content to sit in the second or third car on that train and tip my hat to all that are in the first car. Good investing fortune to all!

Al, it is possible the first train car has passed you by. Maybe the second. Are you still playing wait and see or are you hopping on the train?

Hi, author of the article here. We hear he might have been let go from Tesla and apparently he is not working on Google's self-driving car project.

That would be logical, there's next to zero probability that he didn't sign a non-compete agreement that would prevent him from jumping ship to a direct competitor. Other projects inside Alphabet would be fair game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.