Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do your guys think the range for 70kWh model X? Maybe 200-210 miles

The EPA rating of P85D is 253 miles. tesla states that additional 5kWh in P90D provides approximately 6.5% of additional range. So P90D range for Model X is about 269 miles. The range penalty for the X therefore is 1-240/269=10.8%. Based on the above range for the MX 70D (assuming that 70kWh battery option is available) would be 240x.892=214 miles.

Does anyone have a good idea ( probably based the MS DS), why they are limiting the DS access to the first 100-250 signature reservation holders? Is it a DS related issue, or does it imply a slow production ramp?

Note that the restriction is more like the first 20-100 signature holders right now than the first 200 (as I'm Sig #184, and I have no more access to the configurator than others on the planet). There was also a comment that Founders configured in August. I'm expecting Founder deliveries at the end of the month (or very early in October), with initial Signature deliveries happening in October.

But hard not to start getting excited thinking about the possibility of a November delivery...

This is probably why oil and the overall market has been and will continue to be extremely volatile through the end of the year. The Chinese economy is only one of many factors causing the market to be extremely volatile.

Citigroup Predicts $100 Trillion In Stranded Assets If Paris Summit Succeeds

This is also why it is essential that governments invest hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars in clean energy technology. It might also be a good idea for governments to eliminate or significantly reduce incentives for oil and coal, at a time when countries agree it is essential to significantly reduce the use of oil and coal.

Last edited:
This is probably why oil and the overall market has been and will continue to be extremely volatile through the end of the year. The Chinese economy is only one of many factors causing the market to be extremely volatile.

This is also why it is essential that governments invest hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars in clean energy technology. It might also be a good idea for governments to eliminate or significantly reduce incentives for oil and coal, at a time when countries agree it is essential to significantly reduce the use of oil and coal.

That headline is the best news I've heard in a long time.

Quite an illuminating article. Thanks for posting.

This particular section seems particularly significant for Tesla investors. $40 billion is a very small number, compared to the tens of trillions of dollars committed to investing in a more environmentally friendly manner. Tesla Motors and SolarCity were highlighted directly and indirectly multiple times by Obama, and just about every speaker at the Clean Energy Summit.

"There is enormous investor demand for low carbon investment, with investor groups representing tens of trillions of dollars under management committed to investing in a more environmentally friendly manner. The stumbling block to date has been the lack of, and in particular the quality of many of the investment opportunities available. “

I guess this got overshadowed by the Model X, Roadster upgrade and the macro news. But today is when we also get estimates of monthly delivery numbers. Insideevs estimated 1300 deliveries in N.A. for August, bringing July and August total to 2900. For comparison, April(1700) + May(2400) total was 4100. In Q2, 60% of deliveries (again, insideevs estimate and Tesla Q2 numbers) were in North America.
Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

Also, I see from comments above that only first 100 or so X reservation holders are invited to configure their cars. I'm wondering, how these number bode for Q3 delivery. X won't affect the Q3 number much, it seems.

Not a lot of exciting price action today, even with the Model X configuration site opening to early Signature Series reservation holders. The charts for TSLA pretty much followed the NASDAQ pattern all day.

I think we're at the mercy of macroeconomic patterns right now, at least until Model X begins generating significant revenue for Tesla.

What do your guys think the range for 70kWh model X? Maybe 200-210 miles

You're assuming that there will be a 70kwh Model X. I don't believe there will be because Elon has talked about a "true" 200 mile range, and you need nearly 240 epa range to get a reliable drive of 200 miles and arrive with suitable reserve. I'm guessing we'll see 85kwh and 90kwh as the two choices for basic Model X. I believe the 70kwh battery was introduced to give Model S a "true" 200 mile range and that this battery is too small to deliver such performance on the Model X.

Look at the Model S sales. The 60kwh version did not sell very well, but the 70kwh version is selling well. Granted, the packaging of supercharging, etc. with the 70 is part of the answer, but the main answer is that a battery that delivers 240 mile epa range is a reasonable cross-country machine. I know because I'm currently on a 50 state road trip with my 70D.

I'm feeling optimistic about the next week. The beginning of Model X configuring didn't take the market by storm because the market was experiencing awfully stormy weather. If the market calms down, though, Tesla should see a positive response from both the Model X configuring that is going on and from Oprah's purchase of a Model S. An endorsement by Oprah is worth its weight in gold and many traders will bet that Tesla will benefit at a critical time by Oprah's recent purchase.

and from Oprah's purchase of a Model S. An endorsement by Oprah is worth its weight in gold and many traders will bet that Tesla will benefit at a critical time by Oprah's recent purchase.

I was the only customer there with Oprah at the Santa Barbara store. I just thought, oh, that's interesting, here's Oprah. Until now, I really didn't think of all those housewives who follow Oprah. An Oprah endorsement is really powerful. Already there's like 40k hits on her instagram and 3,000 comments. Of all the celebrities, her endorsement may be the most powerful.

I was the only customer there with Oprah at the Santa Barbara store. I just thought, oh, that's interesting, here's Oprah. Until now, I really didn't think of all those housewives who follow Oprah. An Oprah endorsement is really powerful. Already there's like 40k hits on her instagram and 3,000 comments. Of all the celebrities, her endorsement may be the most powerful.

Dude.. Its Oprah. Her net worth is like 10% of TSLA

Dude.. Its Oprah. Her net worth is like 10% of TSLA
:) I guess I'm jaded, due to my business I've been around all sorts of "famous" people for years, to the point they just seem like normal folks. But what is impressive is thinking about how when she endorses something people listen. Remember that remark she made about people getting mad cow disease from hamburgers? The meat industry lost so much money that they tried to sue her!

Status
Not open for further replies.