Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not have anything to do with Tesla or its stock.

Are you kidding? Tesla has only one factory. It is in an area that is affected by earthquakes and there's a lot of scientific opinion that says "the big one" is due. I hope you don't think the stock will be unaffected by a major quake in this region, because it will affect - in the short term - employees at their homes, employees trying to get to work, power supply to the factory, transport of finished cars away from the factory by rail and so on.

Maybe 4.1 isn't that big of a deal, but we should all feel a lot more comfortable once the Gigafactory opens, and then when main production factory #2 opens (hopefully in a less risky geographical location).

RE: TSLA today... definitely liking today's action :)

It might be relevant if it had the possibility of effecting the Tesla plant. I appreciated the heads up. Looks like a non-issue, but you can't always know that at the point the news is breaking.

The Tesla factory is not located in San Francisco. Just a couple weeks ago there was a slightly smaller earthquake that hit just a few miles from the factory and nothing happened. So why a similiar one quite a distance further away should be given any kind of importance is a mystery to me. I suppose there's a possibility of it affecting the port of Oakland...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding? Tesla has only one factory. It is in an area that is affected by earthquakes and there's a lot of scientific opinion that says "the big one" is due. I hope you don't think the stock will be unaffected by a major quake in this region, because it will affect - in the short term - employees at their homes, employees trying to get to work, power supply to the factory, transport of finished cars away from the factory by rail and so on.

*sigh* One hit a couple weeks ago just down the road from the factory? It was a non-starter. Then there was the discussion about building code, fault lines etc that ensued to clarify just how much sleep we shouldn't be losing. Are you suggesting that the majority of production employees live in San Francisco and work in Fremont? LOL! Perspective and logic please.

Maybe 4.1 isn't that big of a deal, but we should all feel a lot more comfortable once the Gigafactory opens, and then when main production factory #2 opens (hopefully in a less risky geographical location).

It's not a big deal. Is there risk...well, yeah. Is it worth thinking about for more than a minute on our initial TSLA purchases....no.

Sorry I posted that. That's fine if you don't consider it noteworthy. I am intersted in that area and if a single crane operator can take the factory offline for two days then I like to be aware of the region.

Well the crane shut everything down; that was newsworthy.

4.0 earthquake is a non-event, but definitely any kind of earthquake in that region is cause for concern. Especially to northeasterners and midwesterners who don't think that stuff is routine.

;)

Sorry I posted that. That's fine if you don't consider it noteworthy. I am intersted in that area and if a single crane operator can take the factory offline for two days then I like to be aware of the region.

It's not that it's not noteworthy in and of itself. This is the short term investment thread. What amounts to little more than an annoying tremor for Bay Area residents does not have any affect on TSLA. If not for this MS report, I'm not even sure the two day unscheduled factory shutdown affects TSLA in the interim. The factory has been shutdown before and it didn't have any bearing on the stock until ERs came out to confirm shortfalls in targets/revenues etc...

Earthquakes need to be mentioned here because of the potential impact, post damage assessment at the factory's break area found cause for concern

CMnh1-zVAAEEYo3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.