Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... we have rally today :) Pre-market at $257 :)
be carefull at $260 level... there are bears.
If they're beaten - we go up.

Last week I told you rally is going on... this is easy to see if you learn how to read chart. Charts have their own language... ;) not only candles.

And now I am particularly happy I sold 90% of my shares last Tuesday (after holding on to them for 2 years) to be able to open a Long Term Savings Account where I can re-purchase them... and then it turned out there is a T+3 accounting hold so I was not able to re-purchase them until today. Gotta love the crazy tax rules in my country...

So any tips guys? should I eat the 20 dollar per share jump and buy in today or wait a few days for self correction after a big jump? I am very worried about waiting as X config studio can go online and Founders delivery event could be announced at any moment which will give TSLA another boost...

And now I am particularly happy I sold 90% of my shares last Tuesday (after holding on to them for 2 years) to be able to open a Long Term Savings Account where I can re-purchase them... and then it turned out there is a T+3 accounting hold so I was not able to re-purchase them until today. Gotta love the crazy tax rules in my country...

So any tips guys? should I eat the 20 dollar per share jump and buy in today or wait a few days for self correction after a big jump? I am very worried about waiting as X config studio can go online and Founders delivery event could be announced at any moment which will give TSLA another boost...

It's a long term account - don't wait for a pull back. Buy with reckless abandon.

Edit: MS Upragde. Also Mr. Market digesting the news of the offering and (finally) reaching the conclusion that it's a good thing overall.

(drax7 in this thread said Elon is nuts for buying his own offering, I don't understand why that would be nuts. He believes in his company and he wants to maintain a certain ownership so he buys the offering, what's strange about that?).

Precisely, but there is a subtext which you did not pick up on, Elon may have delusional confidence, no other CEO buys their own stock offering, and we must be careful not to be swept away with it.

Sometimes it is not clear whether we should take him at face value, or are being manipulated . After all, Elon can buy his own stock in the open market without advertising it, but he does advertise it to make a point.

- - - Updated - - -

decision making under uncertainty, use the game theory approach , buy half now , and other half at a more favorable price if it presents itself.

Adam Jonas must be hanging out with Trip Chowdhry a lot lately, he comes up with this PT & potential revenues in 2029 by creating a shared, electric, autonomous, mobility (SHEAM) world from a no comment from the last CC.

Agree 2029 is stretching it, and on another insane move I see Elon walking on airplane wings.
Sometimes I don't know whether I am irrational or the other person is.

if you are going to walk on airplane wings, the most difficult car in the world to make
is a walk in the park.

Well, looks like I was slightly off with the timing - by one week to be precise...
And if you combine Take #1 (Energy Storage) with Take #2 (Uber-like service) you get Tesla being paid by mobility subscribers to own, themselves, a lot of (mobile) energy storage at say 70KwH a pop that they can, in our near future, use to influence the grid.

Lets see this awesome sculptured 2nd row seat for the MX & the supplier deiivering them on time before we crown Tesla the ruler of the world.

I would love to see someone buy shares today based off of this note.

(Cynical comment)

Morgan Stanley was stuck with shares nobody wanted from the secondary so they gave Jonas the nudge for the old "pump & dump".

Last edited:

I sold also all my shares to eek out a small profit. There is still risk about Model X timing and delivery numbers. It will be difficult for Tesla, I think, to meet the numbers for this year. This could be a headfake, or it could be the start of a march above 300. No idea, but for now I'm still on the sidelines. I think after the Model X is shipping in volume there will be less risk, but you could miss out on a big tick upward.

Bottom line is risk and that is present in any stock. Not sure what to do here...but I'm leaning towards just sitting in cash for awhile. Still long-term bullish though.

Adam Jonas must be hanging out with Trip Chowdhry a lot lately, he comes up with this PT & potential revenues in 2029 by creating a shared, electric, autonomous, mobility (SHEAM) world from a no comment from the last CC.

This. I mean I fully expect the price to reach and pass it, but in the medium term it would be Tesla Energy that rakes in huge dollars. Lopping on that much 12-month price target off autonomous driving is kinda nutty.

That is certainly by far the most pie in the sky reasoning for an upgrade yet. I can't say I disagree with the basic sentiment for the upgrade, but it's just so far out and I don't think Tesla will reveal any plans for this at all, the only reason for that would be to pump the stock. Normally Wall Street is much more short sighted, so I think this pump will be short lived.

So you sold your shares... and now want to buy for higher price? Insane.
:)
Then why you sold them?
Local tax rules. If you hold shares on a long term savings account you do not have to pay taxes on your win if you do not take the money out of that account for 5 years. BUT, you are not allowed to move shares from your normal trading account to the long term one, you have to sell your shares, wait t+3 days for accounting and then you are allowed to buy them on the market using the long term account. When I started investing in TSLA it was not yet allowed to put foreign stocks on the long term account.

My timing as a little off it seems...

Lets see this awesome sculptured 2nd row seat for the MX & the supplier deiivering them on time before we crown Tesla the ruler of the world.

I would love to see someone buy shares today based off of this note.

(Cynical comment)

Morgan Stanley was stuck with shares nobody wanted from the secondary so they gave Jonas the nudge for the old "pump & dump".

Agreed. This typically wild note from Mr. Jonas would perhaps look less suspect if it was released outside such close proximity to MS underwriting a share offering for TSLA. As it stands, while I fully expected a bullish note from Mr. Jonas eventually, I don't think this one will have the market-moving force of some of his prior notes.

Most of the market is still waiting for evidence that Tesla can deliver on 2015 guidance, and I do think a wise trader should heavily discount future earnings from unannounced business line expansions (2029?!) while waiting for Tesla to hit the milestones necessary to make, sell and deliver enough cars first.

Status
Not open for further replies.