Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Borrow the play book from apple again. Let GM and Ford duke out the truck market till one dies. Then come in serving the consumer and non professional market By iffering something beautiful but with the tiwing capability of a truck. a.k.a how apple killed blackberry.

Okay, so now that's a real word now that you said it! lol:smile: Big fan of your musings and I think your logic is spot on!

Borrow the play book from apple again. Let GM and Ford duke out the truck market till one dies. Then come in serving the consumer and non professional market By iffering something beautiful but with the tiwing capability of a truck. a.k.a how apple killed blackberry.

I may be (am) a long-term investor....but am not necessarily so willing to wait for the hereafter when it comes to autos. I'm not so sure I have the wherewithal to await that particular outcome.

That is what I had in mind.:biggrin:

It also demonstrates what an outlier I am, even in this wildly enthusiastic group of people ponying up for a Tesla.

My top of the line 2013 Model S replaced bare bones 2004 Infiniti G35 that I bought new at $25K and planned to keep as my car at least till 2015. The upcoming MX (likely to be top of the line or close to it) is going to replace my wife's bare bones 2013Acura MDX bought new for $40K. I hope I am not the only one for whom Tesla marked a complete shift in my personal car buying paradigm. I was tending to buy the cheapest available model in a premium segment and planned to keep it for 10 years/200K miles, all the while second questioning myself at spending an insane amount of money (in my mind). All of my car buying prudency evaporated as I learned about Tesla and its Model S :confused:

My roadster replaced a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 150k+ miles and broken everything which I sold to a friend for 800 dollars and it promptly blew up a few weeks later. Do I win?

Last edited:
Going to add to my position in the next week, before 2q deliveries announcement.

Does anyone want to offer any speculation about if there will be a dip in the next 5 trading days? Part of me wants to hold out until next Thursday just before the announcement, but I also don't want to miss out on these recent gains. Funds were added to my trading account yesterday.

Should I just buy at open tomorrow?

Going to add to my position in the next week, before 2q deliveries announcement.

Does anyone want to offer any speculation about if there will be a dip in the next 5 trading days? Part of me wants to hold out until next Thursday just before the announcement, but I also don't want to miss out on these recent gains. Funds were added to my trading account yesterday.

Should I just buy at open tomorrow?
I'm pretty much in the same boat, waiting for a dip and have been hating myself for it. Actually scratch that, I'm used to the last part. :wink:

Teslas first building phase nearly complete | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Last edited:
I've actually pondered quite a bit about this. Their is some pretty serious pent up demand for Model 3 and I can only envision the Tesla site crashing when the pre-order button appears. I've thought about starting a "Model 3 Ordering Strategy" thread. I would guess the best possible chance would be to attend the unveiling a la Model X and pull a Ken/Bonnie with cheque in hand and find out who is taking the orders. As I've mentioned before, I'm probably going to put in multiple orders for friends/family who will undoubtedly want a piece of the action once the details become more crystallized, but they aren't currently as fanatical as I am.

I remain convinced that Model 3 release is going to result in total ordering pandemonium.

I've already had some people give me checks to reserve a Model 3 on their behalf, on the assumption that I'll be invited to the Model 3 launch (because I never miss a Tesla party). I've tried to convince them to just give me a blank check ... but no.

No idea why. :)

This is proof that Tesla's secret master plan is working... if anything it validates Tesla. So if the market reacts negatively, I think of it as (yet another in a long line of) buying opportunities.

It's also proof that I still cannot predict short term TSLA stock movement, since I was almost sure this would be a down day :redface:

- - - Updated - - -

I remain convinced that Model 3 release is going to result in total ordering pandemonium.

Perfect description.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, waiting for a dip and have been hating myself for it. Actually scratch that, I'm used to the last part. :wink:

Teslas first building phase nearly complete | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Well my experience every dam time I have invested, I mean every dam time, but don't wish this on you, every time I invested stock rolled back, I mean hugely. Made me feel like a idiot But in the end I was rewarded. Your mileage may vary! Doggusfluffy. you have to be a Cop cause Cops always have the best Dope, and you always bring the best dope, (information) to this forum. I praise your efforts! :smile:

Try to beat this one: prior to buying a Tesla I owned a 2002 Honda Civic (bought used in 2006) and a 1971 Datsun 240Z (bought used in 1977). I now own a 2013 Model S and a 2015 Model S, both bought new.

I can't beat that, but the most I had ever spent on a car was $22k for a new 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx. I thought it was pretty sporty at the time. So now my Model S is at a 309% premium to that, and I would never go back. Now my wife wants to ditch the Malibu and get a Model X for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.