Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't beat that, but the most I had ever spent on a car was $22k for a new 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx. I thought it was pretty sporty at the time. So now my Model S is at a 309% premium to that, and I would never go back. Now my wife wants to ditch the Malibu and get a Model X for herself.
When you ditch the Malibu, that's a buy signal for the rest of us (trying to be on topic).

Well my experience every dam time I have invested, I mean every dam time, but don't wish this on you, every time I invested stock rolled back, I mean hugely. Made me feel like a idiot But in the end I was rewarded. Your mileage may vary! Doggusfluffy. you have to be a Cop cause Cops always have the best Dope, and you always bring the best dope, (information) to this forum. I praise your efforts! :smile:

Thanks. I'm just trying to learn and contribute. Turns out it's quite fun as well.

I can't beat that, but the most I had ever spent on a car was $22k for a new 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx. I thought it was pretty sporty at the time. So now my Model S is at a 309% premium to that, and I would never go back. Now my wife wants to ditch the Malibu and get a Model X for herself.

Sheeeyit. I still own a 94 Explorer with 150k miles and a 94 E-150 with 80k...with hopes of buying gas next week! Seriously...one of you has gas money...right?

Sheeeyit. I still own a 94 Explorer with 150k miles and a 94 E-150 with 80k...with hopes of buying gas next week! Seriously...one of you has gas money...right?

Just that you said that word! I'm driving a '96Jeep Cherokee Sport. Jade in color very sporty! topping out at 143,000 miles, thank you very much! but license plate holder is the kicker: My next car is electric TESLA! We all make our little statements!

Just that you said that word! I'm driving a '96Jeep Cherokee Sport. Jade in color very sporty! topping out at 143,000 miles, thank you very much! but license plate holder is the kicker: My next car is electric TESLA! We all make our little statements!
I'm a cranky old man who only rarely drives, usually to Costco and Home Depot now. I've got a feeling a lot of people's next car will be a Tesla...mine as well if the first part of that is right and the market agrees. Cheers. :smile:

Going to add to my position in the next week, before 2q deliveries announcement.

Does anyone want to offer any speculation about if there will be a dip in the next 5 trading days? Part of me wants to hold out until next Thursday just before the announcement, but I also don't want to miss out on these recent gains. Funds were added to my trading account yesterday.

Should I just buy at open tomorrow?

Most experienced buyers of TSLA try to avoid buying at opening because often you see a surge in the first half hour or so, and then the stock can reverse directions. I've heard the first hour of trading with TSLA referred to as "amateur hour" by some traders. You might want to monitor TSLA for an hour or so and get a feel for what it is doing before jumping in. I think lately TSLA goes down if there are big swings down in the broader market. Otherwise, I would guess that it would tend upward and there's no guarantee of a dip within the next 5 days. Few of us can read the cards accurately for short-term trading, but if you buy TSLA and hold onto it for several years you are likely to be well rewarded. Good luck!

I've already had some people give me checks to reserve a Model 3 on their behalf, on the assumption that I'll be invited to the Model 3 launch (because I never miss a Tesla party). I've tried to convince them to just give me a blank check ... but no.

No idea why. :)

Bonnie, there are a few people in the world I would hand a blank cheque to, and you're one of them. It would be drawing on an account that had about half as much money in it as I have made from your advice, and I would hope that you would use it wisely on whatever.

I've already had some people give me checks to reserve a Model 3 on their behalf, on the assumption that I'll be invited to the Model 3 launch (because I never miss a Tesla party). I've tried to convince them to just give me a blank check ... but no.

No idea why. :)

Bonnie, there are a few people in the world I would hand a blank cheque to, and you're one of them. It would be drawing on an account that had about half as much money in it as I have made from your advice, and I would hope that you would use it wisely on whatever.

Agreed. My only question now is where do I send the check and if I want to reserve a couple for family/friends do I write a separate check for each one?:wink:

Agreed. My only question now is where do I send the check and if I want to reserve a couple for family/friends do I write a separate check for each one?:wink:

I have spent my entire life being fiscally prudent and not taking as much risk as I should. Tesla is the first thing I have ever put serious $ into. I will definately be replacing my 2008 Altima with a Model 3. I will be on that list y'all talk about.

And I am expecting Tesla to blow through all time highs within a week as I know a number of people who have been waiting for a pullback to get in and are starting to get antsy as they agree with the 350-400 dollar price targets out there. I am racing to pay off my last tranche of stock so I can buy more. Like I said, fiscally prudent :)

Holy crap.

Rise of the RoboCar: Uber CEO Says Hell Buy 500k Self-Driving Cars From Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA)

I have this scary feeling that TSLA $300 is in near sight, people.

Why wouldn't Tesla build an app that will help summon the cars? Why even have Uber in the mix? In the fantasy of truly autonomous cars Tesla can do what Uber does today with nearly zero incremental cost. You might as well add Uber's valuation to Tesla (and potentially Google and Apple) and write off Uber entirely.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...ory+Gearing+Up+-+Pacific+Crest+/10681668.html
Pacific Crest maintained an Overweight rating on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) with a price target of $293. Following a factory visit in Fremont, analyst Brad Erickson noted the company was "gearing up" for the Model X, and he expects investor optimism to grow into the launch.
Erickson went on to describe the short thesis as "increasingly fatiguing."
"Bears think that Tesla may not be able to sustain demand to support the Q4 ramp, and we think they are looking at an execution misstep to drive a shift in sentiment versus the persistent increase we've seen since the beginning of this year. Given the strength of orders for the Model X and our views of steadily rising demand for the Model S, we view this scenario as unlikely. While we're not ruling out the X possibly being delayed by a few weeks, any weakness this might drive would likely be temporary and incremental long-term believers would it see as a buying opportunity, in our view. As such, we remain buyers of TSLA and see upside to $293," said Erickson.
Contrarian trader in me starts looking to short the MX launch.

Why wouldn't Tesla build an app that will help summon the cars? Why even have Uber in the mix? In the fantasy of truly autonomous cars Tesla can do what Uber does today with nearly zero incremental cost. You might as well add Uber's valuation to Tesla (and potentially Google and Apple) and write off Uber entirely.

Same reason many companies aren't as vertically integrated as Tesla is in their own business lines. I don't expect them to do something like this as I think it'd take the core focus off from their business, even though it'd be a very plausible thing to do especially due to their price guarantee / repurchasing programs.

There would be a lot of competition in this space too. Daimler and car2go are also planning to jump into autonomous cars ASAP, and to be honest they'll be way ahead of the competition for a semi-autonomous carsharing service because they initially only plan to have car2gos park themselves / drive to customers, but not actually drive people around. If you've ever used car2go you know how huge that would be as the cars can use entire cities for parking, and many cities have free car2go valet services with big events already (customers already have an image of them being used in this way).

Short-term (and longer) question:

Has anyone knowledge of whether TSLA sits in any of the FTSE Russell indices? (on edit: it IS in the Russell 3000, but can't see its weighting). Index re-balancing occurs today. Of course, we're all also awaiting the eventual incorporation of the stock into the S&P500, but there remain some GAAP targets TSLA won't reach for some time yet before that occurs, if I understand correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.