Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is indeed not NASDAQ movement. I suspect it's China exec departure overreaction as Familial said. Personally, I bought some calls at 208. We are well under the 50-day MA now.

I'm also wondering if the 60 Minutes piece caused some movement, which is kind of amusing.

If I had some cash left, I'd be buying up stock right about now. Too many strong news on the dock for a strong upwards move:

- Gigafactory location
- Gigafactory partners
- Model X retail reveal
- China demand
- Norway orders
- Q1 ER
- Model X demand

Things that are potentially impacting stock lower:

- China GM departure (which I see as non-issue)
- Additional cost from battery shield
- Weak German demand (alleged)
- Elon mentioned in 60 minutes piece that he "expected Tesla to fail". Lots of FUD swirling around this morning regarding this. We all know on this board what he means.
- ???

If I had some cash left, I'd be buying up stock right about now. Too many strong news on the dock for a strong upwards move:

- Gigafactory location
- Gigafactory partners
- Model X retail reveal
- China demand
- Norway orders
- Q1 ER

Things that are potentially impacting stock lower:

- China GM departure (which I see as non-issue)
- Additional cost from battery shield
- Weak German demand (alleged)
- ???

The only other potentially negative factor I can think of is the Samsung battery-related acquisition.

This doesn't make sense to me. Big Tesla drop, NASDAQ is up 1% and other momentum stocks are in the green. What's going on?

GM is also down. Is it an auto sector thing?

this is can only be explained by more healthy consolidation after a 100% run-up in 3-4 months which is natural and organic I believe. The only question is when the net consolidation gives way back to net accumulation. When that tide turns back. This is why looking at short term movements is so stressful, better to be in for the long haul instead of trying to time short term ups and downs.

this is can only be explained by more healthy consolidation after a 100% run-up in 3-4 months which is natural and organic I believe.

But I don't understand the volume (especially at the opening.)

The only question is when the net consolidation gives way back to net accumulation. When that tide turns back. This is why looking at short term movements is so stressful, better to be in for the long haul instead of trying to time short term ups and downs.

I agree with this. The reason I asked you a while ago what were the darkest moments for you during the run-up last year was to remind myself what one has to suffer through to reap a big reward. Last year I broke down precisely at the bottom. I sold at $120 and lowered my multiplier for the year big-time.

Updated: We're back in tracking mode (but at a lower level.) The first 30 min. were trading on some specific reason, then once that was done, volume dropped and TSLA started floating again on the surrounding waves.

Last edited:
Situation in Drammen this morning, all of those cars are being delivered...

Tesla Motors Drammen - march 27th 7:30am - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the Norway Model S's in the video have been delivered to their owners! 1,486 Tesla's registered in Norway in March 2014!?!

Author’s reply » Ok, I checked my database again, and the data now says 1486 cars registered in March, bringing the total for Q1 to 2049, or a growth from Q4 to 74%.
31 Mar, 09:31 AMReply!

Source: Tesla Sales In Norway Blowing Records Out Of The Water This March - glemmestad - Seeking Alpha

What strike if you don't mind sharing?

245, but be careful following me -- I'm a money-loser lately with my call bets. :)

- - - Updated - - -

When does the financial hit for the titanium retrofit hit? Is it all set aside in Q1 as a one time expense?

I tend to think it's already priced into the stock if that's what you mean. As for actual expense bookings, I would imagine those will be Q2.

That's been discussed in other places on TMC so we shouldn't start another discussion here. It's a wildly misleading headline as you can't start a car without the keyfob even if you have hacked someone's phone app. Nobody would go to all the trouble of identifying a username, then hacking the password through a full on attack, locating the car, tracking it and eventually unlocking the car to steal the contents. If you want to steal something from a car then a brick or hammer against a window works much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.