Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jefferies raised target from $190 to $220(buy)
Baird raised from $215 to $245(outperform).
JP Morgan $115 to $137(neutral)

Deutsche Bank downgraded its rating on shares of Tesla (TSLA) to Hold from Buy following the company's Q4 results. Deutsche cites valuation for the rating cut as it believes the stock is pricing in an optimistic scenario at current levels. Despite downgrading, the firm raised its price target for Tesla shares to $220 from $200. Tesla is up $18.02 to $211.66 in pre-market trading.

Last edited:
Jefferies raised target from $190 to $220(buy)
Baird raised from $215 to $245(outperform).
JP Morgan $115 to $137(neutral)

Deutsche Bank downgraded its rating on shares of Tesla (TSLA) to Hold from Buy following the company's Q4 results. Deutsche cites valuation for the rating cut as it believes the stock is pricing in an optimistic scenario at current levels. Despite downgrading, the firm raised its price target for Tesla shares to $220 from $200. Tesla is up $18.02 to $211.66 in pre-market trading.

Haha good ole JP Morgan... Holding out until the end. If you had listened their people you would never have bought TSLA In the first place.

Here's a puzzle. In last night's Bloomberg interview, Elon was pushed on the Gigafactory partners, and said that Panasonic would likely be one, but that that wasn't confirmed yet. Given how huge that business relationship is, it's pretty amazing to me that they're going ahead with a big announcement next week without that deal locked in. The only way to read that is that there is some high stakes poker going on behind the scenes. Tesla is gambling that by saying "look, the train is leaving the station either way. Are you onboard or not?" it can force a decision from Panasonic. But it feels high risk to me. From Panasonic's viewpoint, I would guess that they view the gigafactory with some foreboding. There's a scenario in which key customer becomes biggest competitor.

Here's a puzzle. In last night's Bloomberg interview, Elon was pushed on the Gigafactory partners, and said that Panasonic would likely be one, but that that wasn't confirmed yet. Given how huge that business relationship is, it's pretty amazing to me that they're going ahead with a big announcement next week without that deal locked in. The only way to read that is that there is some high stakes poker going on behind the scenes. Tesla is gambling that by saying "look, the train is leaving the station either way. Are you onboard or not?" it can force a decision from Panasonic. But it feels high risk to me. From Panasonic's viewpoint, I would guess that they view the gigafactory with some foreboding. There's a scenario in which key customer becomes biggest competitor.

They might have another huge partner already locked in. That way they don't need panasonic and will go on with the gigafactory either with or without them.

He just didn't want to talk about it yet. Didn't say one way or another.

Sounds like Elon pulls the same BOLD move he did when in 2007 Tesla went almost bankrupt.
He told the investors that he will finance the new investor round completely by himself, because nobody wanted to put anymore money in Tesla.
That created a new investment round and the "train is gonna leave soon" situation suddenly the investors that declined the deal before now felt under pressure and didn't want to miss out.
In the end Elons contribution to that investment round was rather small and the investors took up big portion of the round.
If he wouldn't have pulled that move Tesla would have went bankrupt in 2007 and would mark a further example on how "electric cars just doesn't workout business wise".
Its important to say that the money Elon put on the line was his very last, he went into personal debt in that time.

So it seems that Panasonic doesn't quite agree with some terms and conditions that Elon wants to establish, now he creates the situation of a sellers market and panasonic is risking on missing out on such a huge deal.
HighStakes Poker at its best.
Good to have a CEO with Steel balls.

Last edited:
That... Or he can't comment yet because contracts aren't signed or specifics hasn't been agreed on...

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder who currently still have the lowest targets for TSLA, and also who doesn't want to raise their target for TSLA?

Is there some kind of a list where all the latest/current targets of all the analists' can be viewed at once?

No doubt John Lovallo from BofA will have like an $80 PT... After this call lol

Opening around 213 and being indecisive... not sure that was on anyone's prediction list. Rallying nicely up now though.

It seems like the GigaFactory / capital raise is being pondered and digested as Sleepy predicted. We seem to have a blend of "OMG I have to buy before $250!" and profit-taking / new shorts, which leads to some indecision. We'll see how things play out as those weeklies move to expiry and the call writers start to get terrified.

I am still feeling really good about my March 240 calls.

DougKass is waging a very public war against TSLA on Twitter. Basing his short trade on the capital raise that may or may not happen at the gigafactory announcement. I think he is in for a surprise given the historic precedence with TSLA's capital raise.

I think he is just rallying public support so he doesn't get margin called.
I'm feeling more than a little smug this morning - I'd love to learn how Kass is trying to justify himself. Is there a way to read those Tweets if one isn't a Twit?

Status
Not open for further replies.