Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone flirting with the idea that we might end up in the green today? :smile:

Now why did you have to go and say something like that??!! It's like talking to a pitcher when he has a no-hitter in the 8th...shhh. As for my carnage/portfolio - I expected some sort of pre-announcement of earnings/battery/etc...so I have a fistful of calls that will expire Friday without some sort of Elon-like intervention. I did also manage to purchase a good part of my November earnings position in the low 160s. A mixed bag. Good luck and chin up...in Tesla, Tweets and Elon we trust - but not in the good judgment of our elected officials. Peace.

aznt1217, I wasn't very clear on last post. I don't mean we drive up the price. But we feed ourselves as a group to continue the bullish sentiment, to the point of reckless, even when more common senses is called for. I even suggested back then:

I am reassessing what did I not do right in the last 2 weeks. Obviously there is a humble lesson to be learned, for me at least.

Oh you meant the TSLA Addict support group haha. Yes we have bullish sentiment to extremes, but I think it's backed up by our knowledge that isn't publicly known yet (at least I think).

I went a little crazy and put every cent in my name into TSLA... let's hope it pays off for my sake.

+1 to this. I am way down, having caught falling knives all the way down to here. But now is not the time to sell so I am telling myself to chill out. I have common stock and Dec options. The next move up will be positive government actions (may be oct 17) and then prep for Q3.
Same here, caught many a knife. Pretty much tapped out but had enough to buy what I thought might be something safer - an in the money leap (Jan 15 $165). One leap only.

The post was neither racist nor emotional. It was a political analysis of what President Obama is facing in my opinion and how it affects the near future of stocks. If my opinion is crap in Your eyes, fine. But You can put Your racist club aside and may use argumentation next time. I don`t want to argue. But I definitely don`t like Your tone on this. I also stand by what I said: There is a racist current flowing underneath what Obama is facing and it originates from the Tea Party. Thats my opinion. Nuff said.

I agree that the intransigence of the electorate that opposes President Obama will impede any resolution to the shutdown and resulting market shakiness, but IMO its not so much racism as Xenophobia that drives the hatred of Obama.

If one looks at the hateful things leveled against the President, its that he is a "Muslim" (code word for: "like terrorist") and that he's not a citizen (the born in Kenya accusation). A significant percentage of people on the political Right actively embrace, or at least tacitly accept these accusations. They believe that anything Obama does must be to "destroy America", and therefore oppose it no matter what.

I think that unfortunately means no political or economic stability. So hang on, we're in for a rough ride.

Same here, caught many a knife. Pretty much tapped out but had enough to buy what I thought might be something safer - an in the money leap (Jan 15 $165). One leap only.

like others i have taking a major hit. three days ago, i woke up and invested remainder of cash for the upcoming earnings call buying oct and nov calls. usually i would of been working and had no time for that, but am off as had the birth of our second son. woke up this morning and got a call that my grandmother died. all just a reminder, here today, gone tomorrow, both life and money.

+1 to this. I am way down, having caught falling knives all the way down to here. But now is not the time to sell so I am telling myself to chill out. I have common stock and Dec options. The next move up will be positive government actions (may be oct 17) and then prep for Q3.

Same here. Down big but not worried about my common stock or Dec and Jan calls/puts. I tried to time the bottom and bought some weeklies which I don't normally do and that's what's hurting so far. Just accepting that I can lose it all and letting it play out. Wish I had more money to buy (insanity = doing same thing over and over but expecting different results) but just need to stay disciplined and wait things out.

As hard as it is to stomach some of the losses (of profit already achieved) these days, it certainly seems like a great buying opportunity. Trouble is I can only get more funds Friday morning to do that.

What do you guys think, how long will this last? I know it is the hardest question, so I am not asking you to get a crystal ball, but are there any upcoming deadlines, announcements, changes in US politics until Friday that could turn the markest around? Or are we in this limbo until the 17th?

like others i have taking a major hit. three days ago, i woke up and invested remainder of cash for the upcoming earnings call buying oct and nov calls. usually i would of been working and had no time for that, but am off as had the birth of our second son. woke up this morning and got a call that my grandmother died. all just a reminder, here today, gone tomorrow, both life and money.

Saying a prayer and sending you good thoughts friend. Very sorry for your loss, happy for your son's birth though.

I can't help but notice that some folks on this board have no plans when TSLA goes down. What if TSLA goes to $100? still hold? at what point are some of you planning to sell? Is it really ride it all the way down?

Yes, it is for me. It is still the best stock in the market to hold, assuming a debt crisis resolution. Without a resolution to the debt ceiling crisis, there is NO stock that is safe to hold, nor any security or currency for that matter. You cannot hedge against that kind of economic devastation with securities. Possibly Renminbi, but I'm not willing to go there.

I can't help but notice that some folks on this board have no plans when TSLA goes down. What if TSLA goes to $100? still hold? at what point are some of you planning to sell? Is it really ride it all the way down?

bry, interesting first post, welcome to the forum.

I do have a plan. I'm selling puts on the way down. If it gets to $100 range, I may get to have the puts assigned to me. Then, barring some fundamental change in Tesla's business, I'll sell a bit probably somewhere between 2017 and 2020, but hold the bulk for longer term.

I wouldn't sell my common shares. There have been times that I have purchased puts to offset the losses in my common shares. There will be such times in the future. The common is not for sale for many years to come.

Sorry about the loss of your grandmother. May her rest in peace.

On the other hand, congratulations on the birth of your second son. I've recently been blessed with my only child, a six months old boy. He is such a joy.

As for money (TSLA), it's just money. It will come back at some stage. As a long term hold, I'm not worried.

Even a tweet from Elon would just be a waste of ammunition. In situations like this all we can do is tough it out. IMO the market is being completely irrational as fear has kicked in. If you are looking long term, this is a great buying opportunity as I still believe we will be over 200 by the end of this year. Short term though is a different story. Unless there is an actual deal made, that oct 17th date will keep many buyers away.

Status
Not open for further replies.