Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is a regular downturn. The squeeze is ending. We are past the peak. i expect more volatility until the price stabilizes around $70 - $80 range. I say this because over $90 MM shares have traded hands since the earnings call. The party is over folks. The music has stopped. THe shorts got clobbered. Its time to look beyond the epic short squeeze now for the right long term price to get into.

Looks like it, but for every short going out, there's another one coming in. I don't think we'll see a reasonable number of shorts quite yet, and until then, there will be massive fluctuations both ways. I think getting in during the $70s with some cheap options to hold during the next two announcements is a good play.

If only one can find some cheap options somewhere...

This is not just simple short covering. It is the loss of supply of shares to the MM's.

Smart money is adding to their position here.

I think I agree with the first- it's a supply issue for both, and I agree this run has been much more than squeeze;
I think I disagree on second- I wouldn't add at these levels; I think the smart money will start adding again below $75

- - - Updated - - -

As has been stated by others, there are no shares available to short. The short interest has not changed, only changed hands. This squeeze is only over if those that are long wish for it to be over.

It's not over, but the the new shorts are at higher levels than the old; It's no where near over, just going to breath back for the next run. At $70 we are more than double the stock price and valuation of our previous $30s range. The squeeze may relax for while -

- - - Updated - - -

It's not over, but the the new shorts are at higher levels than the old; It's no where near over, just going to breath back for the next run. At $70 we are more than double the stock price and valuation of our previous $30s range. The squeeze may relax for while -

I agree with you. Look at Netflix since January. Huge short squeeze in January. Looks like new shorts moved in and were squeezed in another huge in April. I'm seeing the possibility that Tesla is in a new pattern where news big enough to move the stock 5-10% under normal conditions will move it 15-25%.

I agree with you. Look at Netflix since January. Huge short squeeze in January. Looks like new shorts moved in and were squeezed in another huge in April. I'm seeing the possibility that Tesla is in a new pattern where news big enough to move the stock 5-10% under normal conditions will move it 15-25%.

Go ahead shorts, continue to bring the stock down so I can afford to get in again.:biggrin:

So what price are people going to start buying at? $80? $75? $70? $65? I know its still over priced, but at $80, -$17 from today's high, it seems like I should buy at least a little.

This is a very "typical" Tuesday chart so far (apart from the volume being 10 times higher). If that holds for the rest, the low point should come at the end of day.

Disclaimer: What do I know.

elon.jpg

I dont think we will see the price climb because of supercharger new this week.

So what price are people going to start buying at? $80? $75? $70? $65? I know its still over priced, but at $80, -$17 from today's high, it seems like I should buy at least a little.

I added some @ $81.76. It's an uncomfortable level but I just keep thinking that the subsequent announcements will count for something. This is honestly just a dice roll at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.