Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Therefore you are relying on an electrician that you will most likely look for on craigslist in order to install such and outlet PROPERLY. This is a big risk for all EV's and not just Tesla.

This really is scary. I would hope people really don't do this.

Also in most jurisdictions an electrical permit needs to be pulled to install the outlet. This is a good way to vet your "electrician" to see if they are legit.

Call your local municipality and ask them for the building code office's number. Call them and ask if a permit needs to be pulled to install a 240v 50a outlet in your garage. If they say yes, then when you are shopping for an electrician, ask the same question. Anyone that says no, look the other way. Regardless of if you found them in craigslist or not.

My father's house burned down because of a wiring fault in the garage. No electric vehicle within 100 miles. Bad wiring causes fires every single day!
My sister and her husband lost their earnest money on a house purchase because after paying it they realized that the electrical panel is a KNOWN fire hazard and they backed out of the deal.
No EV involved or even intended. The panel manufacturer was Federal Pacific.
Check this link. http://www.allabouthomes.com/FedPacPan.pdf
Or this one: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...it-Breakers-Fire-Danger-I-Team-149541115.html
Are stocks of electrical panel manufacturers going down today?

If I were to hazard a guess I would say the fire issue in this most recent case is due to a faulty panel or breaker.

So who is going to guess on this one: how low will TSLA go because of this? 135? back to the 120's? Less than that? Or stop at 140?
There is no logic to this sell off, this was not a "Tesla" fire.

I will be looking at opportunities to buy more.

Getting tired of the silly arguments on this thread.

Last edited:
Latest chart plotting the worst case scenario.

GD06OVGF.png

- - - Updated - - -

You might be right, but I think that the buying opportunity will start at $137 (not necessarily today). I am not adding any TSLA at the moment, but I will do so at $136 if it gets that low.

I don't know about buying around 136 because nothing is really supporting that area and it's in the middle of heading downwards.

- - - Updated - - -

My father's house burned down because of a wiring fault in the garage. No electric vehicle within 100 miles. Bad wiring causes fires every single day!
My sister and her husband lost their earnest money on a house purchase because after paying it they realized that the electrical panel is a KNOWN fire hazard and they backed out of the deal.
No EV involved or even intended. The panel manufacturer was Federal Pacific.
Check this link. http://www.allabouthomes.com/FedPacPan.pdf
Or this one: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...it-Breakers-Fire-Danger-I-Team-149541115.html
Are stocks of electrical panel manufacturers going down today?

If I were to hazard a guess I would say the fire issue in this most recent case is due to a faulty panel or breaker.

So who is going to guess on this one: how low will TSLA go because of this? 135? back to the 120's? Less than that? Or stop at 140?
There is no logic to this sell off, this was not a "Tesla" fire.

Real fire or farce reports, it may not matter. If you look at the chart I posted, TSLA may be locked by technicals. It really needed to get past the upper red line of the channel to keep the bullish trend going. Now it's completely back in the channel and it could very well be a very painful couple of weeks.

Totally agree, imherkimer.
As everybody on the forum and ROW knows, this is no new information, thus no news. These things happen either with an EV or your home television. This is a no-news, period.

In fact I was waiting to buy some more shares the past days, and here we go:)
Grabbed a few more shares at 104,12€!
Prepared to grab some more if price gets a little cheaper.
After the markets have digested these no-news, there will be a strong recovery.

Happy investing everybody!

Just for worthless comment, Tesla is gathering lists of qualified electricians in each locality and recommending their businesses to new car buyers. I was asked by Tesla for an electrician in my area about his years of experience, etc. etc. So Tesla is doing something more than just leaving new owners hanging, wondering who to call.

By the way, I installed my own sub panel and wiring in my new garage. I am not an electrician, but it helps to know what you are doing. Some electricians scare me, simply because they don't seem to care.

Also, of worthless note, this story is a MONTH old. It looks like a FUD article to manipulate the stock market, and the simple people who will not research will follow blindly. So sad.

Latest chart plotting the worst case

JTE, what?! Worst case? For what? For no-news?
Please explain me your worst case scenario that you are thinking about.
As far as I can see, there have neither been explosions, deaths, nor is this the end of the world as we know it!
Nee, there will be a new plug installed in the garage and the same Model S will be plugged into the new outlet.
Sure, this is not best case for running an EV, but to be honest, worst case would be something different, wouldn't it;)

As far as I can see, there have neither been explosions, deaths, nor is this the end of the world as we know it!
Nee, there will be a new plug installed in the garage and the same Model S will be plugged into the new outlet.
Sure, this is not best case for running an EV, but to be honest, worst case would be something different, wouldn't it;)

It doesn't matter. Look at the chart. We've lost the momentum and just short of reaching escape velocity. If you have a short-term time horizon then you need to keep an eye on that chart.

BTW, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I guarantee you that some hedge fund was sitting on this news for a month and pushed it out to writers yesterday to coincide with this important technical resistance. That's how the game is played. Nobody was complaining when Elon was timing announcements to fuel the the short squeeze this summer.

EDIT:

Also, as many have said before me, this is fundamentally a non-event. Nobody will be talking about this in 3 months time let alone a year or 10 years. Furthermore, this time we have an advantage because the market has shown its hand---we know where the buyers are. Last time we had broken all known technical trends and all we had to go on was the 200-day moving average. If you have longer term goals, then there is nothing but opportunity to see here.

Despite there being no news, one thing to keep in mind is that stocks have a tendency to trade based on technicals and overall market conditions. Since Tuesday, TSLA hit a wall trying to get past that resistance line in the graph I posted. It's been selling off since. On top of that, TSLA is currently overbought and will probably trace back down taking the stock price with it.

Just for worthless comment, Tesla is gathering lists of qualified electricians in each locality
Agree, same here in Germany. Nissan as well as German auto makers are working together with professional electricians. They are installing home charging infrastructure for you. And they are very pedantic;)

Also, of worthless note, this story is a MONTH old. It looks like a FUD article to manipulate the stock market, and the simple people who will not research will follow blindly. So sad.
Agree, no-news.

In fact feel sorry for the family this all happened, but I am very glad nothing really bad happened. Sigh.

JTE, thanks for the graph.
Since there are no news, nothing happening really now, this is maybe the best piece of info one can base some decisions on. Too bad I didn't have it yesterday, I would have played it differently.
Anyway, 142 seems to hold somehow.

It doesn't matter. Look at the chart. We've lost the momentum and just short of reaching escape velocity. If you have a short-term time horizon then you need to keep an eye on that chart.

BTW, I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I guarantee you that some hedge fund was sitting on this news for a month and pushed it out to writers yesterday to coincide with this important technical resistance. That's how the game is played. Nobody was complaining when Elon was timing announcements to fuel the the short squeeze this summer.

EDIT:

Also, as many have said before me, this is fundamentally a non-event. Nobody will be talking about this in 3 months time let alone a year or 10 years. Furthermore, this time we have an advantage because the market has shown its hand---we know where the buyers are. Last time we had broken all known technical trends and all we had to go on was the 200-day moving average. If you have longer term goals, then there is nothing but opportunity to see here.

Agree with this and thanks. Companies, just like hedge funds or media, release their stories when the timing is right for them (by using technical analysis?).

Notice how this month-old story came out right on top of the news about Tesla purchasing additional equipment to up Model S production next year to the 50-60,000 vehicle range. That's not a coincidence.

I think this is a coincidence. Read below.

Despite there being no news, one thing to keep in mind is that stocks have a tendency to trade based on technicals and overall market conditions. Since Tuesday, TSLA hit a wall trying to get past that resistance line in the graph I posted. It's been selling off since. On top of that, TSLA is currently overbought and will probably trace back down taking the stock price with it.

Thanks for posting the charts and your opinions, just ignore all the people who get butt-hurt when you dare to say something about TSLA potentially going down in price in the very short term. This is the short-term thread and all views are greatly appreciated.

But I am not quite sure that other people are looking at the same channels that you are (I really have no idea). What I think is the real resistance here is the 50 day moving average, and as soon as TSLA bounced off of the 50 day, this article came out.

I also disagree with your support at 200 day moving average, since this negative catalyst is just not strong enought to get us all the way down to the 200 day moving avg. I think that the 20 day moving average, which coincides with very strong support for other reasons, at around $135 will be the lowest TSLA goes without any negative catalysts or market correction.

Just my opinion, but either one of us can be correct. Or we will both be wrong and TSLA goes up, but I don't see that happening without a positive catalyst (I am talking past $155).

The difference is that if you charge Your Tesla you do it at night. And also, since more People charge their car at home now, these Things will happen. If this was a LEAF it would be just as bad News for Tesla. Even if it wasnt Tesla, but an Electric problem, this might worry People.

We had this same discussions when the cars took fire didnt we?

Leaf and Volt owners at my work have reported fires from bad outlets. One Fit owner even had his car burned by a bad J1772 connector on a Blink charger. None of these ever made news.

This sell off feels different than the others to me. I'm not getting that "omg the sky is falling" feeling which usually coincides with a good buying point. I'd like to see it drop below 140 Bought a little already and if it falls below 140 I'll get some more.

Yea, just dumped my electrical toothbrush, stone age here I come;)

- - - Updated - - -
By the way I appreciate all the opinions of all the users in the forum a lot.
It is important to think about the positive catalysts as well as the negative ones.
But it might be just as important to sort out the made up stories;)

Last edited:

Absolutely love that one.
Doesn't the music during the video create a feeling of "... couldn't we have done any better?!"
Sorry for spamming this Short Term Thread but as the stock went down a litte more here is some distraction;)
Nissan LEAF Polar Bear TV Commercial by Windsor Nissan New Jersey - YouTube

Oups, bought some more at 103,38€:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.