Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Panasonic will increase its production capacity of automotive-grade lithium-ion battery cells to supply Tesla with a minimum of 1.8 billion cells over four years, more than three times our previousagreement. This number should be viewed as more of a floor than a ceiling. "

I like that, even better than what we had heard.

I think what's also causing the drop is this from the letter:

Consequently, we finished the quarter with a record of slightly over 5,500 deliveries, including over 1,000 deliveries to European customers.

So US orders only got about 4,500? I think people are thinking that the demand in the US is slowing down. If someone can ask on the conference call why only 4,500 US orders when in the past, there were more, and the answer is due to production restraints, then I think the stock may recover.

"Panasonic will increase its production capacity of automotive-grade lithium-ion battery cells to supply Tesla with a minimum of 1.8 billion cells over four years, more than three times our previousagreement. This number should be viewed as more of a floor than a ceiling. "

I like that, even better than what we had heard.

That's what I was thinking too. Longer-term, that's very good news. Of course it's quite crappy to be down >10% in the last twenty minutes, but this is really a positive report regardless.

That's what I was thinking too. Longer-term, that's very good news. Of course it's quite crappy to be down >10% in the last twenty minutes, but this is really a positive report regardless.

Positive report, yes, but every quarter earnings is always about the future of the company. If any company releases a blow out quarter earnings, but the next quarter sees not much, investors aren't going to like that. Right now, that's what TSLA is seeing, and its stock price is being punished after market hours.

I think what's also causing the drop is this from the letter:

Consequently, we finished the quarter with a record of slightly over 5,500 deliveries, including over 1,000 deliveries to European customers.

So US orders only got about 4,500? I think people are thinking that the demand in the US is slowing down. If someone can ask on the conference call why only 4,500 US orders when in the past, there were more, and the answer is due to production restraints, then I think the stock may recover.

I think that there's a clear difference between demand and supply constraints. I'm sure Tesla allocated EU cars to fill the demand but it also forced deliveries to be constrained here in the US.

er guys. This company just expanded across Europe and Asia and at the same time GREW its bank account by $49 Million.

Indeed it did. This is the market pissed that there is no 2014 guidance in the letter. This report reads to me like a superb company still very much on its way to global market dominance in a 100-year old industry. Let's see what Elon has to say in an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.