Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm glad to introduce you to a new mobile app, called Sentry Modder (I'm the developer).

The app will give you real-time Sentry events notifications to your phone!

Even more, you can choose what happens when an event is detected - Fart, Honk or both!

You can also see the history of the events and see what 'countermeasures' where activated.

It has a 7-day free trail, and currently available for Android (iOS coming in few days).

Check in out:

Attachments

• Screenshot_1695065321.png
    Screenshot_1695065321.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_1695065331.png
    Screenshot_1695065331.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: mfmvdsande
Hi all,

I'm glad to introduce you to a new mobile app, called Sentry Modder (I'm the developer).

Even more, you can choose what happens when an event is detected - Fart, Honk or both!

You can also see the history of the events and see what 'countermeasures' where activated.

It has a 7-day free trail, and currently available for Android (iOS coming in few days).

Check in out:
Are You able to view the video of the sentry recording on your phone after the event happens? what are the costs for subscription? Is it per year? Would there be a 1 time lifetime purchase option? Sounds like a fantastic idea. Little skimpy on details at the moment though….

How does it work? I’m curious as I’m on iOS so I can’t access info right now.
iOS version is really coming soon, pending Apple's approval to release to the app store.

How it works is that you get notifications when a sentry event is detected.

The app provides easy access to Tesla's app for quick access to live camera so if you happen to see the notification quick enough you can have a look at what triggered the event.

You can set what happens automatically in this situation - the car will honk, fart or both. So it's a kind of active protection for your Tesla.

You can see events history also, and the car's current location.

Are You able to view the video of the sentry recording on your phone after the event happens? what are the costs for subscription? Is it per year? Would there be a 1 time lifetime purchase option? Sounds like a fantastic idea. Little skimpy on details at the moment though….
You can see the event in real-time if you're swift enough, through the official app, but not after the threat is gone. You can always see it in the car later.

The app will assist in protecting your car with setting the honk or fart options since people usually move away when they realize someone is watching.

There are 2 types of subscriptions - monthly and yearly, which are auto renewing.
You get FREE trial for 7 days on both and you can cancel at any time.
If you cancel within the trial period you won't pay anything.

Hi all,

Check in out:
Here's a real life example 😂

Being honest, without event viewing options (that you can rewind like the car) I see little use for this other then continuous distractions and pent up insecurity Wondering if This was the one to run back to your car. Having it notify every time someone walks by my car in a parking lot would get old Really fast.

Reactions: KITT 2.0
Being honest, without event viewing options (that you can rewind like the car) I see little use for this other then continuous distractions and pent up insecurity Wondering if This was the one to run back to your car. Having it notify every time someone walks by my car in a parking lot would get old Really fast.
You can select to turn off honk and fart actions, so if you park in a place where you think sentry will be triggered a lot, you can turn off these settings. You can turn on/off when ever you like.

iOS version is really coming soon, pending Apple's approval to release to the app store.

How it works is that you get notifications when a sentry event is detected.

The app provides easy access to Tesla's app for quick access to live camera so if you happen to see the notification quick enough you can have a look at what triggered the event.

You can set what happens automatically in this situation - the car will honk, fart or both. So it's a kind of active protection for your Tesla.

You can see events history also, and the car's current location.
Sorry. Maybe I wasn’t very clear. The app gives you a notification when a sentry alert occurs. How do you poll for sentry alerts? Maybe I missed it but I wasn’t aware of any api or data feed that Tesla provided with that info. So how is your app aware of the sentry events?

It looks like TeslaScope posted a twitter thread that explained it. Essentially there is a bit that gets changed in a state json and so you have to poll constantly.

Most likely it’s going to be very expensive or break fully when Tesla fully releases their new API. That’s just my conjecture.

Reactions: beatle