Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at the rate this is going, it does look like my SMCI cost basis 901.66 will quickly reduce to 850 and i am finally out, which means DITM CC + Stock Repair is a super deadly combination where income is virtually guaranteed and there is no possibility of capital loss (unless SMCI goes bankrupt)

what did i learn?
  • when stock fell from 900 to 700, there was still about $250/wk OTM income while waiting for sp to rise; this worst-case scenario in itself is already very good (ie getting paid to wait it out)
  • when stock traded sideways, there was Stock Repair income while waiting for sp to rise; ~$1000/wk per contract
  • when stock rose to 850, i keep $812 for my trouble, and the Wheel round 2 starts again
  • in other words, there is income down or sideways or up, and covered call means there is no chance of blowing up acct
FOUR YEARS i wasted on spreads when i could have been doing this :mad:

View attachment 1047373
View attachment 1047375
When you sell the 2X CC for stock repair, are half of those naked?

When you sell the 2X CC for stock repair, are half of those naked?
NO

+c x1 and -c x2, plus the stock means everything is covered

NO

+c x1 and -c x2, plus the stock means everything is covered

At what point do you start the repair strategy?

If you buy SMCI today, and sell CCs one month from now for 700 strike. If the SP goes down below 700, do you wait until the CCs expire in a month?

QQQ at ATH and TLSA still down more than 50%
1715787095541.png

Soon we'll be only 40% down.

At what point do you start the repair strategy?

If you buy SMCI today, and sell CCs one month from now for 700 strike. If the SP goes down below 700, do you wait until the CCs expire in a month?
i found that the best is to start early (don't let the stock go too far OTM)

"far" is relative: SMCI 700 to 600 is ok to repair, but TSLA 275 to 175 probably can't be repaired unless you have large reserve capital (ie 20x +c and 40x -c)

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
i found that the best is to start early (don't let the stock go too far OTM)

"far" is relative: SMCI 700 to 600 is ok to repair, but TSLA 275 to 175 probably can't be repaired unless you have large reserve capital (ie 20x +c and 40x -c)
What do you do with the original CCs that haven't expired yet? Buy them back for a profit and then start the repair?

3.5MM shares in the first minute. Is that normal? 😆

I closed all my calls for the week and averaged out a slight profit. I trust call walls until we get a huge dump like we just did. I'm guessing we weren't the only ones repositioning.

Now either I was wrong and it continues to go down which means I left some cash on the table but that's fine or we fly back up and I feel smrt, ready to sell again.
...leading to over 24M in the first hour block...

Reactions: phantasms