Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only things that could move the SP prior to or at earnings are announcement of a new gigafactory (like India), date announcement for next gen reveal or FSD licencing with a major OEM. Other than that, we'll see lower SP. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm playing it safe as I think the India announcement is way crazy overdue.
Thats the only thing with real SP moving potential - something like Hertz or NACS deal. Others are dead cat bounces.

With the elections close in India, I think technically they can't announce big new deals like the gigafactory ... but the government is not known to follow the law, unfortunately.

Reactions: Discoducky
Tesla trades pretty well based on technicals.

Looks like yet another bear flag has formed recently and if that support line breaches we could be entering the $150's.

Keep in mind sooooo many ppl are eyeing that $144 gap fill that is taking forever to fill. Self fulling prophecy? Perhaps.

If it does break down, it should get the Daily RSI to oversold levels which I will be a short term buyer there for a bounce trade. Historically when that RSI goes super oversold it led to bounces each time.

To negate this chart and pretty much most of this bearishness, Tesla needs to create a HIGHER LOW and HIGHER HIGH. But until then...

1711730936292.png

Credit: Heisenberg

Tesla trades pretty well based on technicals.

Looks like yet another bear flag has formed recently and if that support line breaches we could be entering the $150's.

Keep in mind sooooo many ppl are eyeing that $144 gap fill that is taking forever to fill. Self fulling prophecy? Perhaps.

If it does break down, it should get the Daily RSI to oversold levels which I will be a short term buyer there for a bounce trade. Historically when that RSI goes super oversold it led to bounces each time.

To negate this chart and pretty much most of this bearishness, Tesla needs to create a HIGHER LOW and HIGHER HIGH. But until then...

View attachment 1033347
Credit: Heisenberg
What's your thoughts on Cary Artac's "could happen" scenario if we were to close below 160.51? Or as I like to refer to it as the "apocalypse" 83.26

unnamed-4.jpg

What's your thoughts on Cary Artac's "could happen" scenario if we were to close below 160.51? Or as I like to refer to it as the "apocalypse" 83.26

View attachment 1033352

That’s just a technical target, not a destination.

I’m no expert but I think the recent positive reception and chatter over FSD 12.3 can give some buoyancy against the gravity.

I don’t think TSLA goes lower than $160-$150. If it does we’ll take it day by day.

While I’m hedged with a decent amount of short calls for 5/17/2024 (200-205) and 1/17/2025 (240-260) plus some @tivoboy +P170 6/21, my personal struggle is knowing if/when to sell my longs around here @$175-$180 if we indeed take a swift fall. Can result in a prudent save and nice gains. I also have some -P that will get fun down below $150 😆

The 50-day ($185-$190) should likely be hard to break, especially before earnings in April because of the unknowns on either side. Then all hope rests in Elon not being depressed and doomy again on the call and some positivity is communicated.

One day at a time….

View attachment 1033352
This is where technical analysis has it's limitations. At 83/share, Tesla's cash balance actually starts to meaningfully affects TSLA's metrics.

Tesla's core business would have to completely collapse, not just for Q1, but for Q2, Q3, and Q4 for 83/share to happen because even if Q1 is terrible, it would take time for the stock to drop 55%. It's not going to drop 55% overnight, or in a week. Wall St isn't going to drop TSLA 55% off of just a bad Q1 report.

During that time, Tesla will have ramped Cybertruck, Energy, and continued FSD progress.

Sorry but don't see it happening.

I need to remember to be real safe about CCs after Earnings....

You have to remember that a considerable amount of the deferred revenue is from FSD purchases in countries where it's not available yet (Europe/China/etc..) There won't be any recognition of that revenue until FSD is actually released there.

Also, I think they need to ship the remaining functionality like Summon, ability for FSD to park itself and reverse, to recognize more of the deferred revenue.

It's a black box and trying to time-stamp when deferred revenue is going to get realized is a risky.

Last edited:
This has been building up as a "potential last" downward slide we "may" have till everything pick back up. Need to thread carefully on those Puts and Calls selling.

FSD has lately been on almost everyone radar and if 12.3.x is great as many stated this maybe bottom picking cherry using Cary's words.

Regardless, let get through PD and ER 1st and we go from there.

Depending on Monday Movement - perhaps I may close all short position and take the small given profit......just to be safe.

Whatever your thought is don't bet the house on PD and ER. Just wait it out and go with the flow is safer......and no, the stock didn't tell me the price target last night...bummer...... ;)

Reactions: DaBooster
I need to remember to be real safe about CCs after Earnings....

IIRC I think the Big Boys here repeated last week that any revenue recognition for FSD will be viewed as a one-off by WS not cause a SP run. Though it can surely portend well for future quarters if take rates keep up and Tesla reports it as a clear line-item.

This has been building up as a "potential last" downward slide we "may" have till everything pick back up. Need to thread carefully on those Puts and Calls selling.

FSD has lately been on almost everyone radar and if 12.3.x is great as many stated this maybe bottom picking cherry using Cary's words.

Regardless, let get through PD and ER 1st and we go from there.

Depending on Monday Movement - perhaps I may close all short position and take the small given profit......just to be safe.

Whatever your thought is don't bet the house on PD and ER. Just wait it out and go with the flow is safer......and no, the stock didn't tell me the price target last night...bummer...... ;)
Keep in mind, PCE data, which is the Fed's preferred data input, came in good today.

That in itself, could cause a macro green day on Monday.

Maybe I will finally get my Foundation (that had Jan-March delivery estimate)? Ramp seems to be going well now. Troy estimates less than 4,000 deliveries next quarter (and they may already be approaching 1,000/week now).... 😆

Maybe old news but if anyone own 500 shares of TSLA you can get priority delivery.

Keep in mind, PCE data, which is the Fed's preferred data input, came in good today.

That in itself, could cause a macro green day on Monday.
Got a thumb up from Uncle Powell, so Macro looking good for Monday

Reactions: DaBooster
Maybe old news but if anyone own 500 shares of TSLA you can get priority delivery.

I'm disqualified because I was forced to sell shares between 2021 and 2024 thanks to Elon's selling (he dropped the SP so hard that I had to close LOTS of BPSs at full loss to avoid a margin call on them - cost me 60,000 shares).