Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rest of you seem to nail these in and out in a day ICs. Apparently I'm one of the "special kids" and only know how to lose money....

Yoona specialized in the far out of the money ICs or spread. If you have a large account with plenty of "gunpowder" that can be done.

She have the safest play I can see on this forum with the lowest risk but tradeoff are very small gain. That's where the leverage in equity come in for the 100x contract per play.

Everyone else on here have been burned. We just don't post that everyday. Remember we have prides :)

Just take a step back and breath. Refocus and change plan. Money lost is money lost. How we pickup ourselves and move on is what Matter.

The dog is the dumbest one here and if I can do it so can anyone. Cheer up buddy.....

The rest of you seem to nail these in and out in a day ICs. Apparently I'm one of the "special kids" and only know how to lose money....
ladder in to reduce risk, don't bet the farm on monday or previous friday because you are afraid of lost theta; if you did bet the farm last fri, smci's AH black swan (+18%) just wiped you out today

mon - small # of contracts, STO small Δ (notice i was -p790/-c1510, 4.70 prem), but why so far? if there is a sudden large move against me, i have 5 days to fix it. If no large move, then 4.70 for the week is already very good
  • do i BTC it? yes coz +39% already (why take AH or PM risk of large move?)
  • do i leave it for tom? (profit too low, continue tom, Δ is too small anyway)
tue - small # of contracts, roll them to larger Δ or STO new small Δ ?
  • do i roll up yesterday's -p? (too early in the week to tell, sudden reverse is real)
  • do i roll down yesterday's -c? (too early in the week to tell, sudden reverse is real)
  • do i STO new? (looking at gamma/vanna/OI, maybe i will do tom -p790/-c1450)
  • ignore thread/twitter chat noise in making decisions
wed - small # of contracts, roll them to larger Δ or STO new small Δ ?
  • do i roll up yesterday's -p? (look at gamma/vanna/OI)
  • do i roll down yesterday's -c? (look at gamma/vanna/OI)
  • do i STO new?
thur - small # of contracts, roll them to larger Δ or STO new small Δ ?
  • do i STO new? NVDA/SMCI yes there's enough prems, TSLA no
fri - after 4 days of STO, which one is closest to the sun? BTC or roll, the rest is profits (resist the temptation to roll these 7dte, unless you are really sure you predicted the range right)

greed is the #1 enemy of every trader

i just use 2 simple secrets: small # of contracts and small Δ, works every time

good luck!

1709593270574.png

1709593326423.png

ladder in to reduce risk, don't bet the farm on monday or previous friday because you are afraid of lost theta; if you did bet the farm last fri, smci's AH black swan (+18%) just wiped you out today

mon - small # of contracts, STO small Δ (notice i was -p790/-c1510, 4.70 prem), but why so far? if there is a sudden large move against me, i have 5 days to fix it. If no large move, then 4.70 for the week is already very good
  • do i roll up yesterday's -p? (too early in the week to tell, sudden reverse is real)
  • do i roll down yesterday's -c? (too early in the week to tell, sudden reverse is real)
  • do i STO new?
fri - after 4 days of STO, which one is closest to the sun? BTC or roll, the rest is profits (resist the temptation to roll these 7dte, unless you are really sure you predicted the range right)

good luck!

View attachment 1024709
View attachment 1024710
Yoona can you just adopt me now? Trading Option is so hard...I just need to be fed and petted :)

• do i STO new?

good luck!

View attachment 1024709
View attachment 1024710
This whole post is gold.

Thank you 🙌

Here a cheap play for those that are convinced NVDA will hit 1K by end of month

Planning to execute once there's a pullback when profits are being taken driving cost even lower.

Any Feedback?

Jim can you please put this into your option program so we can see where the profit /loss come into play?

1709597242929.png

A Psalm by HODLR David:

“Dear Lord, please bestow Your mercy and munificence upon us so that when TSLA finally gains some traction it won’t be at the start or middle of a new bear market. And may You shower upon us long-suffering HODLR’s great gains for waiting so long as we sat in sackcloth and ashes watching the rest of the market made new ATH’s each day.”

And let us say Amen!

Last edited:
So he's basically doubling down on his prior posts. let see tomorrow.
too late. Once the selling has started, it will take more than this to stop it. Not to mention next week is CPI followed by a no cut FOMC. Think anyone cares about MIC deliveries at this point?

God, I hate how just speaking common sense makes me sound like a bear. But I have predicted the top and what would come after the top, at least a week before the top formed. And yet here we are, like a train wreck.

Last edited:
too late. Once the selling has started, it will take more than this to stop it. Not to mention next week is CPI followed by a no cut FOMC. Think anyone cares about MIC deliveries at this point.

God, I hate how just speaking common sense makes me sound like a bear. But I have predicted the top and what would come after the top. And yet here we are, like a trainwreck.

Grrr....totally true.

I'm flat -Delta after closing short calls and long puts today in profit @$192-188.

Is it too late to put on NEW short calls tomorrow (like 3/28 -C200)/buy puts (like +P170 4/12)/sell longs @$185? After a nearly -10% drop in one day it feels like shorting in the hole which we are taught is not wise to do.

Last edited:
Grrr....totally true.

Too late to put on NEW short calls tomorrow (like 3/28 -C200)/buy puts (like +P170 4/12) /sell longs @$185?
I'm a perfectionist. I don't believe in chasing.

Again, here it is. Clear as day.
However, as we're approaching the strong 209.3 resistance. Keep an eye out for a few things:

1. Yes, the stock has shown strength on the 2h, but will it show it on the 4h and take us up further? Meaning, once it has taken out 201.30 (closing over 201.3 on any 2h candle, not just breaking it intra-candle), will the next candles be green until it's reached overbought on the 4h?
2. On the day when it takes out 201.3, will the highest closing price far exceed 201.3, resulting in an even higher RSI reading on the 2h compared to the peak of 72.43 on Friday? If not, we're just going to have a bigger bearish divergence, now on the 2h, leading to another pullback which can morph into a full blown correction, possibly marking the end of this recovery.

1 and 2 are very closely related. If either one happens, the other often follows. However, we will be happy with just one. If none happens, then be very careful on that day and prepare for a steep correction. I sure hope the stock can go further than just the 2h timeframe but we trade the chart, not what we wish to happen.

Got it. How steep can this correction go in your estimation?
There's no telling. 175 is the bottom. Between here and 175 is free for all.

Phew! That's a relief. At least not a "crash" to <$150. I can handle a drop to $175 and hopefully get a bounce of sorts. We're not that far here @$185 already...

Phew! That's a relief. At least not a "crash" to <$150. I can handle a drop to $175 and hopefully get a bounce of sorts. We're not that far here @$185 already...
I didn't fold the Jan 25 280 CSP , didn't make sense to do so then... now I see what was meant to re-sell when we are 170. There will be less than a dollar extrinsic near $171 , yikes. Sure would like to see that bounce you are calling or just take the shares, sell CC against until SP comes back up to the CSP strike.