Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SB 6272 and HB 2524 to prevent new Tesla stores in Washigton state?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeff Finn keeps close track of all EV-related bills; there were a few this year. He sends out info on most of them to the Seattle EVA mailing list so you might want to join that. I didn't copy the ones on motorcycles, BEVxs, open access EVSEs, etc to these forums (although I testified on some of them; might go down again next Tuesday).

I will be making a post to gauge interest in forming an Electric Vehicle Advocacy PAC in the state of Washington.

At this point I am just trying to find out if there are 20-30 people who are interested in contributing roughly $500 each to establish a PAC. The PAC would be a non-partisan effort to make certain that the state with the highest per capita EV usage stays EV friendly.

I think existing EV advocacy groups like Plug In America are doing a great job in general education (National Plug in Day) and informing our legislatures of the wisdom of EV friendly laws.

But after the overwhelming votes to pass the dealer protection act (93-3 and 47-0) I am convinced me of the power of money and a strong lobby. I would like a PAC to provide money to back up the enthusiasm of EV owners (great turn out of Tesla owners in Olympia on short notice) and existing advocacy groups.

I you believe you might be willing to fund a Washington Electric Vehicle Advocacy PAC please PM me or email [email protected]

There is obviously no commitment at this point I am just trying to find out if there is enough interest to proceed.

I will be making a post to gauge interest in forming an Electric Vehicle Advocacy PAC in the state of Washington.

At this point I am just trying to find out if there are 20-30 people who are interested in contributing roughly $500 each to establish a PAC. The PAC would be a non-partisan effort to make certain that the state with the highest per capita EV usage stays EV friendly.

I think existing EV advocacy groups like Plug In America are doing a great job in general education (National Plug in Day) and informing our legislatures of the wisdom of EV friendly laws.

But after the overwhelming votes to pass the dealer protection act (93-3 and 47-0) I am convinced me of the power of money and a strong lobby. I would like a PAC to provide money to back up the enthusiasm of EV owners (great turn out of Tesla owners in Olympia on short notice) and existing advocacy groups.

I you believe you might be willing to fund a Washington Electric Vehicle Advocacy PAC please PM me or email [email protected]

There is obviously no commitment at this point I am just trying to find out if there is enough interest to proceed.

That sounds like a good idea. I would also support a statewide iniative to remove all dealer franchise laws. It would find a certain amount of natural public support which might have a way to work around the dealer legislative power.

Took my car in to service tonight

And the service manager maddy said..."I saw your model s on TV last Monday. Way to go! I'd recognize the crackle of those spikes anywhere!" I was so surprised that she recognized my car. Even my mom didn't recognize it until I pointed it out to her. Gotta love our service departments.

@aja2460 yes they absolutely do

as in many other states our state was trying to ban tesla from opening further galleries and services centers among other small things. So there was a small rally. I can't get the link to post but if you go to. King5.com and search for tesla. My car is the gray one at the end of the piece.