Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saving $40,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate this thread. I couldn't understand why so many P85 and P85+ owners were trading in their cars, at a major loss, to upgrade to the P85D. The differences are simply not compelling for the kind of driving most of us do. With the introduction of 70D, the premium for the P85D no longer makes sense. I don't mean this to be offensive at all, but I think many of those trade-ins to P85D were vanity/ego purchases. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's not why I bought my car.

Oh and the best part: the S85 is so much more quiet!!! The P85D has the constant motor whine from the front motor.

Thank goodness somebody else mentioned this! I thought I was going crazy. When I test drove the D models I couldn't believe how loud the front motor was. But you're the first person who's mentioned it on the forum besides me, that I know of anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

That is part of the problem, that click doesn't do anything, no new section opens up.
Perhaps we in Germany are the first to witness the axing of the S85, even if by software accident ;-)

(Or perhaps it is just the computers that I work with after all...)

Have you called Tesla on the phone and talked to a live Tesla salesperson? Because I strongly doubt the 85S is not available worldwide- surely we would have read something official from Tesla to that effect. Of course I could be wrong, again,,,,

- - - Updated - - -

But there are a lot of trade-ins from the 85 to the 85D and I think that makes sense.

Are there any official stats on this? I would love to know the numbers. From type X to type X/Y. I traded an 85S for an 85S. Strictly for the auto-pilot and TACC. I gave up XM radio and the power liftgate to make it work financially. Well, sort of work. Well, not really but you know what I mean.