Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 60 60.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it works with other similar products I have worked with, you would configure you colour and mode (brightness etc) with the APP and it stores it. You can then hard switch the power on and off and it will come on at the last configured setting. Mine will be easy. Set to BLUE and DIM via the APP and then I will use the voltage sense from the existing cabin light (footwell) to turn it on and off via the relay module. Setup by the APP, on off hardline. Also, it includes a physical on/off button so you could even power them on/off via a relay across that button instead of powering on and off.

If it works with other similar products I have worked with, you would configure you colour and mode (brightness etc) with the APP and it stores it. You can then hard switch the power on and off and it will come on at the last configured setting. Mine will be easy. Set to BLUE and DIM via the APP and then I will use the voltage sense from the existing cabin light (footwell) to turn it on and off via the relay module. Setup by the APP, on off hardline. Also, it includes a physical on/off button so you could even power them on/off via a relay across that button instead of powering on and off.
I have similar lights as to what you described. Got them installed by Wraptors. However they didn't connect it to the "Ambient Lights" button. I'm in Mississauga. Would you know how to connect my lights to the button? I'm willing to drive over and even pay you for your time/effort.
Currently I have to turn off the lights manually using an IR remote.
Also couldn't find a way to direct message you. Sorry for the public post everyone 😞

Attachments

• 20230918_205018.jpg
    20230918_205018.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 23
I have similar lights as to what you described. Got them installed by Wraptors. However they didn't connect it to the "Ambient Lights" button. I'm in Mississauga. Would you know how to connect my lights to the button? I'm willing to drive over and even pay you for your time/effort.
Currently I have to turn off the lights manually using an IR remote.
Also couldn't find a way to direct message you. Sorry for the public post everyone 😞

Hi TechMeister, search for this thread and it outlines how/what to do....

RGB Ambient Lighting project for Palladium Model S - lets do it​

I started the thread and moving the convo from here as there is quite a bit of interest and a lot of mystique around it (and major $$ to have installers do it)

Last edited:
The motorized tilt kit can now be installed. The caveat is you have to find a Tesla employee to activate it. Here is the youtube link.

Another poster dropped a youtube link regarding tail lights installation (retrofit) that also require some inner changes in the software.

The good part? He dropped some info on someone happy to make the required modifications (headlight configuration, tail light configuration, motorized swivel

in the video description:
If you need someone to change the config for you here is the contact I used:

Telegram handle @devsaider
Email ([email protected])

He has the capability to adjust configurations for all Tesla models, including tail lights, headlights, navigation regions (such as Cyprus, Australia, Europe, etc.), swivel screen controls, and various other features across all Tesla Models. Additionally, he offers my proprietary Diagnostic software (https://tesware.net/) for Tesla, which fully encompasses the original Toolbox functionality.

There is hope, boiiiiiiiiiiiis

• Love
Reactions: cwanja
I was interested in doing this for my 21 Plaid. Hardware is the easy part. Knowing someone with toolbox to do the update is a whole other story. Also, if you can actually do this and get it to work, if something happens to the screen in the future, Tesla will not warranty it.

I wonder how and if a config update can be done on 21 MSP w/o steam since there's no ethernet connector.
Should be all good. I wondered about the same thing, but after digging into the service mode:

Connect to the service connector under the center display.
  • If there is a small round Fakra connector:
    1. Connect the vehicle interface cable, the ethernet cable, and the USB cable to the interface box.
    2. Connect the vehicle interface cable to the Fakra connector under the center display.
    3. Connect the ethernet cable and USB cable to the laptop.\

• If there is a small cube ethernet connector:
    1. Connect the ethernet cable to the ethernet connector under the center display.
    2. Connect the ethernet cable to the laptop

We are the Fakra peeps, so the troolbox3 will connect to our machine via the interface box

Should be all good. I wondered about the same thing, but after digging into the service mode:

Connect to the service connector under the center display.
  • If there is a small round Fakra connector:
    1. Connect the vehicle interface cable, the ethernet cable, and the USB cable to the interface box.
    2. Connect the vehicle interface cable to the Fakra connector under the center display.
    3. Connect the ethernet cable and USB cable to the laptop.\

• If there is a small cube ethernet connector:
    1. Connect the ethernet cable to the ethernet connector under the center display.
    2. Connect the ethernet cable to the laptop

We are the Fakra peeps, so the troolbox3 will connect to our machine via the interface box

And how did you do the config update?

And how did you do the config update?
Sorry I should have been more specific, after digging through the service mode page on the link, i had discovered the accessibility to the interface hardware without the need of an Ethernet port

Another user who was able to do it mentioned about putting together an instruction manual on how to perform the config changes. As soon as this develops, I'll make sure to link it here

Sorry I should have been more specific, after digging through the service mode page on the link, i had discovered the accessibility to the interface hardware without the need of an Ethernet port

Another user who was able to do it mentioned about putting together an instruction manual on how to perform the config changes. As soon as this develops, I'll make sure to link it here

So there's hope for us 2021 guys??? :)

Reactions: misc3r