Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadtrip Niagara & Telsa Lifestyle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.png

• Informative
Reactions: Takumi
You will be adding reviews to Chargerville... Right? :)
I've been using PlugShare, and I have lots of TripAdvisor reviews I'll want to post amcc bout the hotels I've been in, but I'll try to take some time and post to Chargerville as well. Just got home Wednesday night; total 1400 miles and zero problems driving or charging.

Reactions: winfield100
I've been using PlugShare, and I have lots of TripAdvisor reviews I'll want to post amcc bout the hotels I've been in, but I'll try to take some time and post to Chargerville as well. Just got home Wednesday night; total 1400 miles and zero problems driving or charging.
Yep, same here. None really have much in the way of good reviews of nearby places to hang out or eat while charging unless they're in touristy or fairly popular eating places though. If we can all get reviews in here it should make charger stops much better I think so thanks very much for your input.

I am happy to report that the tire shop followed through, and paid for the repair without issue. They handled the situation professionally from beginning to end.

The battle scars are gone (thank you Hollis Autobody) and proper tire installed.
Good as new!

Wow, that seems like an unusually quick trip through Hollis Autobody... exactly how long from examination/quote to car-on-lot to car-returned-to-you?

Thanks,
Alan

P.S. Congrats on the speedy and thorough repair!

Assuming that you had family members with you, how did Tesla transported your family? I had a tire blown last week on the highway and they came to fix it with a loaner tire. But they said if I need a tow, the tow truck can only take one person. Leaving family with small kids on the side of a highway is far from ideal....

Assuming that you had family members with you, how did Tesla transported your family? I had a tire blown last week on the highway and they came to fix it with a loaner tire. But they said if I need a tow, the tow truck can only take one person. Leaving family with small kids on the side of a highway is far from ideal....

This truck was big enough for us to jump in. Double cabin.
Still waiting on Tesla to compensate for the tow.

I acknowledge that this thread is old, but I happened upon it and so may others.

I have had several flats in my model S, so I purchased a 19" rim and tire before our spring road trip. I do not have tools, but AAA can help change a tire and I do not have to worry about finding a replacement. Of course it helps that I have a RWD 85 with a big frunk which can fit the spare slightly deflated.

Thanks for this statement. Good to know that a deflated 19" tire and a pump should fit in the frunk and be a valuable addition to the road trip packing list.

QUESTION: Has anyone purchased a hitch mounted tire rack and carried a spare on the rack for road trips? It seems like a reasonable option...