Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Roadster reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, by the time I get my Roadster, I should be about 60 years old. If things go according to plan I should also be retired by then. I not only plan to daily drive the car, I plan to drive it cross country as well. I have no intention of limiting the miles I put on the car, because at my age I could care less about resale value. I see no reason to think the car will be any less reliable and maintenance free as any other modern Tesla.

I will probably be one of the first to put 100k miles on one.

So, by the time I get my Roadster, I should be about 60 years old. If things go according to plan I should also be retired by then. I not only plan to daily drive the car, I plan to drive it cross country as well. I have no intention of limiting the miles I put on the car, because at my age I could care less about resale value. I see no reason to think the car will be any less reliable and maintenance free as any other modern Tesla.

I will probably be one of the first to put 100k miles on one.

Drive it like you stole it! :cool:

Reactions: mattcrowley
Would love to see this Roadster hit the road in 2020+. Congrats to those who put their deposits down! There’s nothing like waiting for a Tesla. ;)

I’ll wait for my midlife crisis to hit and for me to lose some more hair up top before considering this. :) In the meantime, will make do with my S and shortly, the 3.

I really wonder whether they'll get anywhere close to the 1000 Founders' editions.

Porsche sold 918 copies of the Porsche 918 Spyder for $847,000+. At the time it had the fastest 0-60 time. You might say that Porsche has better brand recognition and customer following, but Tesla has sold the best selling large luxury sedan in the US for the last 3 years.

Whether there are 1000 people willing to pay an extra 50k to be the first owners is questionable is another question. Tesla may be trying to reap a little extra cash from other automakers who buy the first available Tesla production vehicles in order to tear them down and reverse engineer components.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
@JenniferQ , @Colasec - any luck with getting the wire transfer confirmed as received? I've made a couple of calls, and gotten basically non-answers. 'We will have a dedicated team checking in with you next week' - is the latest non-answer.
I transferred the $45K on Monday and have not received a confirmation yet, but I'm not too concerned. I paid the initial $5K on Friday, got the reservation confirmation on Saturday, and wired the funds on Monday. The confirmation indicated they wanted the money by 11/27 (10 days).

Reactions: GSP
I'll see your 3 Tesla's, and raise you 3 more.
View attachment 261797
No Powerwall yet, but 6 Teslas. ;):cool:

2017-11-24_17-21-28.jpg

@sputnik I am same as @dailydriver. Also placed Model 3 order Wednesday, so I'm hopeful they won't forget about me!
I transferred the $45K on Monday and have not received a confirmation yet, but I'm not too concerned. I paid the initial $5K on Friday, got the reservation confirmation on Saturday, and wired the funds on Monday. The confirmation indicated they wanted the money by 11/27 (10 days).

I wired the same day and I have the same issue. I called them and was informed that due to the volume it will take them 5 days to log your deposit and see it on the site. I guess be patient.

Update: Now Wednesday is past and still no logging of my deposit. I'll update when it is posted so others can have a time frame of how long it is taking them.
Wow, 'due to the volume' means they are getting a great deal of reservations for the Roadster? Sounds promising to me. Maybe a couple of hundreds or thousands!

I noticed the people with referral rebates were transferred to the founders edition so maybe the 50k edition reservations are going swifter than the founder ones? I can imagine with a 250k deposit.

Never ceases to amaze how a company as progressive as Tesla is hamstrung by wire transfers that take 10 days

After maling my reservation on Friday, it took me 2 days (monday and tuesday) to transfer the money. I am still waiting for the email that they have received the payment. It must have been on teslas account no later than Wednesday.

Due to limits on my account, I had to pay in 5 installments. Hopefully Tesla has no probblem adding the 5 amounts, as I have supplied the RN on all of them.

Sure wish they will send the email soon.

OTOH it is a good sign that they are so busy. I bet the 1,000 founders and about 10,000 regular reservations will be sold in no time.

Wow, 'due to the volume' means they are getting a great deal of reservations for the Roadster? Sounds promising to me. Maybe a couple of hundreds or thousands!

I noticed the people with referral rebates were transferred to the founders edition so maybe the 50k edition reservations are going swifter than the founder ones? I can imagine with a 250k deposit.

I am day 7 now and no confirmation of my deposit. We did have a holiday though.

• Informative