Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Foundry mobile charging kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the MC240, if you removed the GFCI, and if you changed the circuit to ask for 40amps then it might work, but then you have to wonder if the wire gauge is up to the task.

Remove the GFI and replace it with a 50A contactor. The cable is #6AWG so it's good for up to 55A.

By the way, the Roadster foundry kit has thermal sensors in the plugs to reduce load if the plug/socket starts to overheat. I don't know if the MC240 does that.

There are no temperature sensors in MC240 NEMA plug or tesla connector. However there is a connection on PCB (labelled "sense") inside the MC240 that could be used to measure temp, but nothing is connected to it.

It would be nice to have pictures from inside the foundry charger... But can anyone tell me if the can hear a click from inside the foundry charger? The MC240 has a click from the GFI when you slide the tesla connector.

-Scott

Last edited:
It would be nice to have pictures from inside the foundry charger... But can anyone tell me if the can hear a click from inside the foundry charger? The MC240 has a click from the GFI when you slide the tesla connector.

There is no contactor in the foundry charger. Power is feed straight through from the plug to the car connector.

Some of this is in the manual that comes with the kit. I' just glad to have Martin back. Hopefully the whole lawsuit thing being over will free him up to share his activities and Roadster experiences a bit.