Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that picture is a 2.0 Roadster, not a 2.5 Dave...I was told that the foundry bracket isn't a perfect situation on the 2.5...had to bend one of the fins a bit to get it installed...I'm not sure I want to do that.

I think a lot of the disatisfaction was that the original TM bracket was not well placed & drilled into the bumper...apparently the new bracket centers the plate in the middle of the grill...looks a lot better I've been told.

Last edited:
Thanks. I e-mailed Dave Kois from currentevtech.com earlier today and he said he'd look into producing some more brackets then got confirmation that he could get some more so he added the link. I e-mailed he about the possible difference between the 2.0 and 2.5 and he's looking into it. That's nice they're willing to produce some new ones for us.

OK, so I had my Roadster 2.5 delievered without the front plate attached. Let me tell you, you'll need to do some work to get it attached yourself -- and it requires drilling the plate holder AND the black part of the grill. For now, I zip-tied the bracket to the grill and mounted the plate that way until I decide what I want to do. I, too, need some more information on how the Foundry bracket fits on the 2.5. I'll post some pictures of what I did soon ...

Pictures of how I attached the license plate: http://picasaweb.google.com/cinergi/Tesla#
I forgot to take a final picture -- I'll do that when the sun comes back up :)
BTW, if you follow this idea, DON'T tighten the zip ties until AFTER you've fully tightened the screws holding the license to the frame because you'll need to hold the grommets that the screws go into using pliers on the back side. You're better off running the zip ties through the holes in the frame and leave them dangling until you tighten the screws and then zip tie the whole thing to the grill.

I contacted them... they said they are doing a run of these brackets and should have them in some time this week. With shipping I'd expect them next week. Even if I did have it today, I don't have plates yet either anyhow.