Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian - Electric Truck - Reveal set for Nov 30 at LA Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you were doing reasonably well, if being slightly abrasive, up to this point too...

Yeah I have that effect on people.......but at least I acknowledge my shortcomings vs some people around here who know everything (not referring to you) and cannot accept that there are "opinions" and there are "facts", and other points of view. A lot of the time the two, opinion and fact, are NOT the same.
Dzm

Yeah I have that effect on people.......but at least I acknowledge my shortcomings vs some people around here who know everything (not referring to you) and cannot accept that there are "opinions" and there are "facts", and other points of view. A lot of the time the two, opinion and fact, are NOT the same.
Dzm
Unfortunately, your "loses money on every sale" comment doesn't fall in to the latter category, and that's not just as of Q3...

Reactions: skitown
Anyone who is interested in Rivian, check out this forum! https://www.rivianautomotiveclub.com/home/1st-1k-members-free-gift/receive-your-free-rivian-keychain the first 1,000 members get a FREE Rivian Key Chain!
I put my Res in on the first possible day at 8am EST...didn't even get an acknowledgement of the payment from Rivian until 5 days later. Since then not a single word, email, voicemail, nothing from the company. Not even a confirmation number or customer number or waitlist number. When I go to the barber, I get a number!! Lame.

Dzm

Dealers are independendly owned they are not controlled by GM. To service electrical vehicles probably will not get them too excited either.

See Toyota and Rav4ev. There are Toyota dealerships outside CA got their tech EV trained to worked on the Rav4ev and excited to see and work on one..... even though they don’t have to. Remember, Toyota hates EV even more than GM.

If some dealerships don’t want to be in the new network, they don’t have to. As much as dealerships hate EV, some are seeing writing on the wall with Tesla.

See Toyota and Rav4ev. There are Toyota dealerships outside CA got their tech EV trained to worked on the Rav4ev and excited to see and work on one..... even though they don’t have to. Remember, Toyota hates EV even more than GM.

If some dealerships don’t want to be in the new network, they don’t have to. As much as dealerships hate EV, some are seeing writing on the wall with Tesla.

Seeing writting on the wall is not the same as to embrace it. Just look at how far they would go to try to disrupt Tesla.

Yeah I have that effect on people.......but at least I acknowledge my shortcomings vs some people around here who know everything and cannot accept that there are "opinions" and there are "facts", and other points of view. A lot of the time the two, opinion and fact, are NOT the same.
Dzm

That's why I say opinion. I know facts may differ, and several opinions may differ. As I have been around Tesla since 2006, of course I know everything. I've had lots of experiences that some of these newer drivers haven't had. I also have opinions as to what I think looks good, which I know is at odds with people who think a huge grill and four inch pipes and dualies think. Hey, so I'm abrasive! Embrace it!