Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote Access Problem and Firmware v5.9 - any troubleshooting thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**RESOLVED** !

Tesla Engineering called again and told me they found a problem. Seems that the "wake up" mechanism is a SMS (text) message sent via 3G. Somehow during updates (hey, my car was delivered with v1.19.11 in December 2012 and updated with 8 major new versions and two or three minor ones) the car's cell phone number had gotten mangled. They fixed it remotely (pushed an update perhaps but nothing was required of me, they did it all remotely).

Now it wakes just like it should.

Very pleased that Tesla ran this to the ground, did not give up or ignore it.

Excellent service. Well done Tesla :big grin: Happy now.

Tesla service ROCKS! I got an unsolicited call from an engineer tonight (based on this forum I think) and we walked thru the problem together. Bottom line: he could not wake my car from deep sleep either "from the mother ship". While on the phone with me I opened a door and the car woke normally and he could verify that remotely.

Said Tesla engineering had opened a case, would look into it and get back to me with a solution. I checked 3 hours later for an update just in case they pushed a fix to me.... Nope not yet haha.

What other car company in the known universe is this proactive? Nobody but Tesla.

Not solved yet but I now am certain they will have a fix. Thank you Tesla. You guys rock and rule.

I searched about this problem and found this thread because yesterday I thought I was having the same problem. Car was asleep and I could not wake it with the app. It was on 3G with a good signal at my house. But today I tried it again. The car was idle for a few hours just like yesterday so I assume it was asleep, and it took a little while longer than when the car is awake but it did respond today. So I don't know if I really have a problem or I don't. All I know is it has been unreliable, and I would hate to be on a 2 week trip away from home and have it be in this state where I can't connect the whole time until I come home and nudge it physically.

I am now having a very similar problem, so I reply on this thread instead of starting a new one.

I am on release 6.0, and car is parked in the usual place, home. This weekend I've been to Copenhague and it started to be unreliable, connecting only after many attempts. I decided not to worry and wait until I got home to check it, and I can now confirm it: I park where I've always parked, the car is plugged, has either wifi or 3G, and still, 9 out of 10 connection attemps from the app fail.

Anyone else has this problem?

I live in Noway, BTW.

I am now having a very similar problem, so I reply on this thread instead of starting a new one.

I am on release 6.0, and car is parked in the usual place, home. This weekend I've been to Copenhague and it started to be unreliable, connecting only after many attempts. I decided not to worry and wait until I got home to check it, and I can now confirm it: I park where I've always parked, the car is plugged, has either wifi or 3G, and still, 9 out of 10 connection attemps from the app fail.

Anyone else has this problem?

I live in Noway, BTW.

Yes, I have the problem now too! Have not been able to access the car from the app (android) for at few days now - worked just fine before. I live in Sweden, if that makes a difference and of course I'm on 6.0 (was delivered with it installed).

Yes, I have the problem now too! Have not been able to access the car from the app (android) for at few days now - worked just fine before. I live in Sweden, if that makes a difference and of course I'm on 6.0 (was delivered with it installed).

I have reported it through the car, stating that the app can't connect to the car with the "report" voice function - I encourage you to do the same, someone will pick this up at Tesla Motors (I hope!)

I managed to connect with the app while sitting in the car and hooked up. When the car is "sleeping" it will not wake up with the app - regardless of settings (energy saving mod on, off, nightly and "always on" checked or unchecked).

Anyone know "a trick" to work around this?

I managed to connect with the app while sitting in the car and hooked up. When the car is "sleeping" it will not wake up with the app - regardless of settings (energy saving mod on, off, nightly and "always on" checked or unchecked).

Anyone know "a trick" to work around this?

Well, it's working again now! I rebooted both screens in the car and my phone and then turned off energy saving mode. I have been able to access the car for a few hours now, so I'm hopeful that fixed it :)