Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it really, though? If the car isn't moving very fast, it's not using a lot of electricity. The amount of power it takes to heat the cabin is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what it takes to propel the car down the road at a reasonable speed. If you're mostly idling/creeping forward I would think the wh/mi would actually be quite a bit less than if you were flooring it going ~80+mph at normal temps?

Sorry, just saw the notification that you had responded. Back in 2014/2015, my old Model S on the original interface showed a detailed amount of power draw. I was sitting at a red light when it was 0 degrees outside, and the cabin heat was using near 10kW. That's a lot of power. If you are stuck in traffic and barely moving, you could far exceed 1500 wH per mile. The slower you move, the higher that # will be.

LOL.. My MX is not shipped/delivered yet .. getting service estimation emails? Anyone seen this kind of emails .. no idea what is happening.

1642449598820.png

Moderator note #1: Due to their nature, "waiting rooms" threads are pretty chatty, so it's expected that these threads will wander around a bit. But the sub-discussion about life in different parts of the US, while great for community-building, is pretty far away from ordering the Palladium Model X. This and other chit-chat makes it harder for people to actually follow the topic of this fast-paced thread. I'm not specifically asking y'all to stop, but please consider before hitting "Post reply" whether your post really belongs in this thread or not.

Moderator note #2: A lot of thread traffic is also generated when EDDs change. There's probably a level of diminishing returns of having lots of people report that their EDD just slipped a month, or changed to TBD, or changed from TBD, particularly when the EDDs are generally considered to be placeholders. Again, not asking anyone to do anything other than think a moment before hitting "Post reply".

Moderator note #3: I know someone's going to invoke me by name, so let me point out that I'm not the only moderator in this thread (I'm don't even read it every day, but the main reason I'm here is that I'm also waiting for an X).

Thanks...hoping we're all VINners soon!

Bruce.

PS. As an example of "fast paced", literally 6 posts came in while I was writing this.

My MX LR just received a new estimated delivery date today - was Feb now March.
Welcome to TMC and we look forward to your contributions. Before you go any further you might want to read all 18,043 posts in this thread that came before yours. Well, actually, that might be too much to ask. Instead you might want to read the post immediately prior to yours (Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room). I see that you are currently online so it's not too late to delete your post if that's what you choose to do. If you delete it I'll delete the reference to it in this post.

Last edited:
Welcome to TMC and we look forward to your contributions. Before you go any further you might want to read all 18,043 posts that came before yours. Well, actually, that might be too much to ask. Instead you might want to read the post immediately prior to yours (Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room). I see that you are currently online so it's not too late to delete your post if that's what you choose to do.
Thank you bro. I just updated the spreadsheet too to reflect the change of ETD - if that's what you mean by contribution.

Yes it is a Plaid. Ordered 3/11/2021 was 5 seat but was contacted in October 2021 to upgrade for $6,500 to 6 seat for a delivery before the end of the year.

Believe me, I’ll be bugging them about the $6,500 since they’re calling other plaid orders and changing them to 6 seats with no cost. Thanks!

Delivery is West Palm Beach.
Congrats on WPB. I was there the other day and they haven't any MX deliveries yet. So you probably are the first. I have a service appointment there later this week on my M3 and don't expect to cross paths but if I see an X, I will know it is yours. I am waiting on 7 seat LR. Good luck with the price and Plaid.

As one of the many thread elders, we welcome you. Be ready to be extremely disappointed, mad, happy, mad again... you get the cycle. A lot of us have been going through this for a year or more. So again... welcome!

I came in around 200 pages or so. Can I be the overweight, but self-identified thread twink?

Some more news from @TroyTeslike on Twitter.

Note that his delivery estimates for 2021 were off by -6.6% and for 2020 by +3.4%. When he crunches the numbers he tends to be a somewhat reliable source.

To summarize, MS + MX deliveries combined for 2021 are estimated at:
17,227 in Q1
21,445 in Q2
25,500 in Q3
25,500 in Q4

Here's to hoping he is on to something! :)

Welcome to TMC and we look forward to your contributions. Before you go any further you might want to read all 18,043 posts in this thread that came before yours. Well, actually, that might be too much to ask. Instead you might want to read the post immediately prior to yours (Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room). I see that you are currently online so it's not too late to delete your post if that's what you choose to do. If you delete it I'll delete the reference to it in this post.
I get the concern around off topic posts but I vote to continue to see EDD changes. It helps the community detect delays in real time - especially since what happens to one seems to eventually cascade to all. As soon as I started seeing EDD month changes being posted, I was already primed whenI received mine :D. If the community deems these updates overkill, squash what I said. I just wanted to make my point known.

Congrats on WPB. I was there the other day and they haven't any MX deliveries yet. So you probably are the first. I have a service appointment there later this week on my M3 and don't expect to cross paths but if I see an X, I will know it is yours. I am waiting on 7 seat LR. Good luck with the price and Plaid.
Ah thanks so much for looking out for the X Plaid - hopefully there will be a few Model X deliveries in the upcoming weeks here :). Hope all is good with your 3. We love our performance Y since it can carry our SUP on the roof rack and dive equipment easily inside too. Loved our long range 2020 model 3 but sold it last July in anticipation of the X being delivered soon - HA!

I agree with Bruce and would vote for no EDD posts. Who really cares. We all know they’re totally meaningless and it’s especially annoying when everybody starts replying “same” and “moved to March” for several pages at a time. And days later, it’s still happening. I mean there are people here with Feb one day and a car the next day. The only real valuable updates are actually getting a VIN, delivery, SA reaching out, etc. Who cares about a made up date.

Personally, I joined for real updates. Maybe a bit of the banter here and there. But I have to admit it’s getting really hard staying up to date daily with all the random useless posts about EDD, off topic stuff (recently guilty here), and everything else. On busy days, I find myself skimming through posts quickly just to find the ones with the most likes as they’re the ones most likely to have actual updates. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

HELP PLEASE!
My SA is saying that no plaid orders have received the 6 seat change from their 5 or 7 seat orders for FREE.

Can someone please send me their RN number (more the better) of those that got the FREE change for their plaid? I paid $6,500 and he’s saying anyone that changed to 6 seat PLAID had to pay, Tesla isn’t offering the change for free. UGH!