Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You keep posting erroneous data. Where are you getting this bad data? SAs are the worst source. But if you’re claiming something, please post a link to your source.
Agree. When you post something that bears significance to people it would be helpful to back up your information.

My SA (who is clueless) keeps saying he knows of no delays or issues with the Plaid. That said, he knows less than any member here.

Maybe there's a thought to get some deliveries in Canada soon(er-ish) - at least that's the hope.
I had been TBD and delivery timeline we be updated soon for about 2 weeks. This morning went back to January.
I feel like that’s a bit of regression, but I guess anything except a permanent VIN is no news.

1/14/21 6 seat LR for context.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
I think you might be on to something. I mean delivering vehicles with missing floor mats is one thing but with safety issues such as airbag, I don’t think they can release. Also, my 1 day old car is in service with no completion ETA due to falcon door issues. They still have some major kinks to work out for the MX.
Thanks for hanging out with us lowly Waiters still @LadyMX ! We appreciate that you're turning into a "longtime poster" 😁

The ETA just updated from TBD to January.
And not to dash anyone's hopes of January being a real date... if you look at your page source code, it's a placeholder message that's hard coded to your page. They're overriding any actual delivery estimate with a generic January date, which is largely why I think we see "month" ranges like this vs the traditional EDD that even MS has now which is usually a date range (Ex Dec 5-Dec 20 - second screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 8.59.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 8.59.28 AM.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 9.03.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 9.03.51 AM.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 69
Agree. When you post something that bears significance to people it would be helpful to back up your information.

My SA (who is clueless) keeps saying he knows of no delays or issues with the Plaid. That said, he knows less than any member here.
My SA is even more clueless. I called a couple of days ago about my account changing EDD from TBD back to January and she said “I’m not sure how you see this, what is EDD?” I couldn’t believe it. I then said ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE. She then said “oh ok, we can only see what you see” . She offered negative amount of info. Crazy.

Just checked my own. My TBD was also switched to January. I had received a call to switch from a 7 to 6 seater with the condition of a delivery this month. I'm hoping that this is strictly a placeholder for the moment that might be delivered earlier. We'll see. First movement in a couple of months.
I've seen lots of mentions of Tesla offering this change in configuration to get the car much sooner, but that doesn't really make sense to me. Shouldn't they already have a ton of orders of the 6 seat configuration to fill out orders for the first couple months? It isn't like they are just going to be sitting around unsold...

Unless this is just to try to get long term reservation holders their car quicker than people that are further down the queue?