Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel EXACTLY the same way. Earlier this week I thought about texting my SA and asking if there’s any update (EDD still July). I figured maybe if I prodded them they’d magic up a VIN for me. Seems like it’s worked for others. Anyway, as I kept reading all of the EOQ horror stories I realized that I’m not in enough of a hurry to get mine to put up with all that. So I put my head down, kept my mouth shut, and look we both survived!
Funny, as I was thinking the same thing early this morning. Now, here’s hoping that my 4/2021 order with July EDD doesn’t end up in the Q2 EOQ rush. Keeping my fingers crossed for an April-May delivery.

how much was PPF and how much was tint. Imma need to get tint for the front 2 windows. Still pondering the PPF. My Xs never really got chips but the 3 and Y did. Wondering if the X paint is thicker
Full Front PPF was $2K tint was $700. Apparently the glass on the X is just a "painted" glass for privacy no heat protection. So I got all windows (except for windshield tinted all windows are 20%

About the rock chip. I drove the car for about 150 miles before dropping off. During inspection at the PPF shop we noticed a few rock chips already! So needless to say, if it prevents anymore it'll be money well spent.

Also, they recommended to do the bottom side of the doors because it kicks ups debri from the tire, they consider it a high impact area. I declined because I don't like the way it'll look with a ppf line. I'll wait until Tesla offers a mud guard for the front and rears and install those instead.

Full Front PPF was $2K tint was $700. Apparently the glass on the X is just a "painted" glass for privacy no heat protection. So I got all windows (except for windshield tinted all windows are 20%

About the rock chip. I drove the car for about 150 miles before dropping off. During inspection at the PPF shop we noticed a few rock chips already! So needless to say, if it prevents anymore it'll be money well spent.

Also, they recommended to do the bottom side of the doors because it kicks ups debri from the tire, they consider it a high impact area. I declined because I don't like the way it'll look with a ppf line. I'll wait until Tesla offers a mud guard for the front and rears and install those instead.
a lot of tint shops lie about the rear windows. They have UV protection in them, not thermal but UV. You can always check with a UV meter

Reactions: croman
I got a message on my control screen that my usb is not plugged in and sentry mode will use more battery (sentry mode is off). I've checked the USB and it was plugged in. Took it out and plugged in again, still shows the message. What am I missing here?

For a RANDOM two-hour Pickup notice I’d say you did pretty well:
1) order car
2) wait about a year
3) get told it’s coming
4) oh never mind wait indefinitely longer
5) COINCIDENTALLY happen to notice in app “PICK IT UP IN TWO HOURS“

Nothing to see here folks 🤪🤣
I can relate.....I got a text and call "congratulations".... then prepare for delivery "URGENT TESLA DELIVERY" to my home for FREE....I requested pickup instead.....with inspection at my original Tesla Service pickup location with a cashier check......obviously, I was passed over.....no VIN...no car
IMG_7443.jpg

Cali South Bay |Model X LR | Ordered 3/3/2021 | Blue/Cream | 20" | FSD | 5 Seat | EDD Apr 1-Apr 22 2022

Unbelievable. I'm located in Toronto, Canada with an original order from 11-2020 for a MXLR Red and white 5 seater. Just checking my account this morning and my delivery changed from August 2022 to April 15 to May 05 but no year. I'm hoping they mean 2022 and hopefully it sticks but not getting my hopes up until I see a VIN. Even after that I'll believe it when I actually take delivery. Here's hoping for us Canucks 🙏
This correlates to what the manager of my SC thought would happen with Canadian deliveries in Q2. Let's hope!

Was told i was the last Model X deliver of the quarter. Last night got a call around 9:30pm out of the blue asking if they could drive it over. I joked with my wife that there wouldn't be any warning and they'd just call and say "Come outside". It wasn't that abrupt but d.amn close!

By the time I got down stairs the two gentleman who drove the car over was already running to their ride back to the Service Center. They said congratulations and handed me the keys and got the hell outta there.

Not that many issues found, but there were issues. two tiny scratches on the body. two windows makes a rubbing sound on when rolled down, so gotta have Service take care of that for sure. Having just inspected a new Model S just a week ago, my inspection skills were even better now. Second worst thing was missing screws on both sides under the hood. Those looked like they held together two gaskets down.

The last thing was one panel gap associated with the trunk was very noticeable so hoping they'll agree and fix it as well.

The Monroney sticker lists Date of Manufacture as 04/2022 which I found was weird. They probably made the car just yesterday same day of delivery. Weird.

Was told i was the last Model X deliver of the quarter. Last night got a call around 9:30pm out of the blue asking if they could drive it over. I joked with my wife that there wouldn't be any warning and they'd just call and say "Come outside". It wasn't that abrupt but d.amn close!

By the time I got down stairs the two gentleman who drove the car over was already running to their ride back to the Service Center. They said congratulations and handed me the keys and got the hell outta there.

Not that many issues found, but there were issues. two tiny scratches on the body. two windows makes a rubbing sound on when rolled down, so gotta have Service take care of that for sure. Having just inspected a new Model S just a week ago, my inspection skills were even better now. Second worst thing was missing screws on both sides under the hood. Those looked like they held together two gaskets down.

The last thing was one panel gap associated with the trunk was very noticeable so hoping they'll agree and fix it as well.

The Monroney sticker lists Date of Manufacture as 04/2022 which I found was weird. They probably made the car just yesterday same day of delivery. Weird.

Is it a Blue Metallic with black interior on 20" wheels?

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1