Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear brakes having a hard time releasing after parking overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that my rear brakes on my 2019 Model 3 SR+ have a hard time releasing after being parked overnight. Here's a video demonstration of it:

It started to do this every morning starting last Wednesday. I believe the loud sound is coming from my brakes finally braking loose (although I'm not sure) when the vehicle tries to move forward. You can see in the video that the rear right brakes release first, then the rear left one. Anyone know what's happening?

I serviced the brakes last May following the instructions here - wondering if I need to do it again?

My MS has done the same thing on and off (usually when I've parked it wet) for a few years now. I've had the brakes serviced by Tesla a couple of times and there doesn't seem to be a long term problem. Before parking it wet, I will sometimes set the regen to 'low' so that the car uses the brakes a bit more in order to clean off any moisture on the discs before I park it. That seems to help.