Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAL interior shots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grey (performance version) with Lacewood (I think) from the Model S Sightings thread:

Grey with Lacewood 4.jpg
Grey with Lacewood 3.jpg
Grey with Lacewood 2.jpg
Grey with Lacewood 1.jpg

> I'd be inclined to put a thick polarfleece blanket on my dog-designated seat [Robert.Boston]

Thanx. So that's what that stuff is called. The keyword here is thick. Being a cattledog, she might like a coyote pelt tied to the passenger seat. You just don't get leather like the Roadster seats any more.
--

Wow, thank you for posting...This totally confirms my decision to go with grey and NOT tan...I can't believe how bad the tan looks, especially with the other fabric color on the upper interior frame of the car, as well as with the Obeche matte (which I also selected).

Tesla just posted this interior shot in their Gallery:Model S Gallery | Tesla Motors
View attachment 10062

Just shows you that different folks like different things. I think the tan looks fantastic. The wonder of the Obeche is that it matches black, grey, tan and white interiors.

Blue. Tan. Gloss obiche. You can't beat that. Elon chose gloss obiche. Unless you just happen to like another combination more... So many great ways to go. Where will your Tesla find architectural,harmony?

I will be going with the gloss Obeche. i am a big fan of wood. The great pity is that the lacewood has been stained. In it's natural state it is quite beautiful with a lacy texture and a reddish brown colour. Admittedly, over time, with real wood, even if coated with varnish, the red does go more brown but this only adds to the character. I have made lots of items with this wood. All the trim colours are Grey or black, and while they seem to go with all the available trim colours, a brown would have been good. As part of a wish list, something like birds eye maple also would be fantastic as also European Ash. Both the latter are very light pale yellow timbers which also will darken slightly with age, but look fantastic either way.

Looks a lot like my configuration - tan, obiche - which is great because I've never actually seen it in a car! Nothing like buying a car you've never driven in a configuration you've never seen. Oh, and I ordered blue metallic exterior, and no, I have never seen that either...
Thanks for the pics. Love the comments about wood a few posts above.

Looks a lot like my configuration - tan, obiche - which is great because I've never actually seen it in a car! Nothing like buying a car you've never driven in a configuration you've never seen. Oh, and I ordered blue metallic exterior, and no, I have never seen that either...
Thanks for the pics. Love the comments about wood a few posts above.

You will LOVE it! I hope you wait 'till you get yours to experience it(or not..but) That would be just awesome!
& I think you will cry with joy and possibly never sleep again (I'm worried I'll start sleeping in mine - my wife might force me to if i don't stop talking about S deliveries and Tesla in general ;>

I would love to see some shots of the seats from the people who have taken delivery. I've seen lots of exteriors, instrument clusters and 17" display shots, but most of the new owners don't seem to be pointing the camera down at the seats!

Nice shots, KevinCWelch, they really capture the depth of the blue. Agreed, ModelS1079 is going to love the blue. I drove the blue/tan in Chicago and would have immediately opted for blue, if not for the fact that my BMW is Monaco blue, which is extremely similar.

BlueChicagoRear.jpg