Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TEG - Please provide references to where you are getting these photos instead of embedding them w/no reference which is generally frowned upon.

I typically put URL tags around the picture - so if you click anywhere on the picture it takes you to the original collection.
Sorry if you missed that.

found here PRIZZZ.com, borne pour voiture électrique

blad_0083.jpg

temp900_21.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla-pickup.jpg
    Tesla-pickup.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:
Had the pleasure of meeting Bill, the owner of Roadster #48 on on Thanksgiving Day while on a family trip to Fresno.

We were driving along in our Highlander Hybrid (there were four of us—the one limitation that prevents using the Roadster—until the model S comes out next year that is), and saw what looked amazingly like a Roadster up ahead. So I gunned the Beast (as we semi-lovingly call the Highlander) and caught up. My wife yelled out the window to him “What number are you??” She figured that would clue him in we actually knew a thing or two about Roadsters.

Well, Bill seemed pleased to meet some fellow owners. Apparently he’s the only Roadster owner in the area. He pulled over and we compared notes and talked about EV life for a bit. I’m pleased to say I was able to fill him in on a few things he didn’t know since he bought it used and didn’t get the official tour from the dealer (although I’m sure they’d be happy to give it to you if you are near one sometime Bill!). With his permission I’m posting a couple photos here and emailing him to invite him to come join the discussion.

And Bill, I must complement you on the color choice of Midnight Blue which just happens to be exactly the same as Roadster #913 (which happens to belong to the author).

IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG

Some 200yds from my house, I see Roadster "#867" parked....He's a long way from his home though, about 1,400 miles I guess. Didn't see the owner but I'm guessing he/she didn't drive it down from Massachusetts. Is it anyone from the forum?

attachment.php?attachmentid=3679&d=1323635776.jpg

View attachment 3679

I saw that one in Boston in June:

Two Tesla Roadsters.jpg

Originally posted here: Model S Prototype

I think that's the car the local Sales Rep, Don MacNeil, drives. Cinergi, can you confirm?

Last edited:
Are you sure? I know Wikipedia shouldn't always be trusted, but it says "It is legal throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom to drive barefoot."
Barefoot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL!!! We're both right... kinda... I looked up the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

It does require footwear... if you're under 18 years old and driving a horse!!!

I am the owner of Tesla 48 in Fresno, and I have had it for over a year and never even seen another roadster. It was a pleasure to meet Jason and his family (they were also the first owners I had met). Because of the customer support I have never felt abandoned with a limited edition vehicle, although I have been without it for more than a week for maintenance and other repairs--only the second time. It is probably a good thing, though, because having a Tesla has been a tremendous ego-boost, and sometimes you need to separate yourself for humility. As far as the barefoot thing goes, I grew up at the beach in southern California, and I truly hate wearing shoes unless I have to. And I also love to feel the vibrations of this engine beneath my bare feet! Not to mention the rumble of however many cylinders it has! And yes, it used to be illegal to drive barefoot because the heat from the engine would burn your feet. I also used to ride my motorcycle with bare feet, but I sold that right after I bought the car--who needs it? And the last thing, if anybody needs a charge on the way to somewhere besides Fresno, I will be happy to offer my charger. This is the best car ever made, and I feel sorry for any owner who does not drive it every day.

Teslas rock!!!!