Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, but pretty much any plate other than that orange would look less bad.
Yeah the "Empire Gold" (orange) plates were brought back as the NY standard plate a few years ago. Our car still has the old white plates with blue letters/numbers. There are custom "picture plates" that you can buy for NY that look much better but if you want to get personalized vanity plates you only have 6 characters on the picture plate or 8 characters on the orange plates. I'm hoping they look less horrible on the Blue X. If not, I'll probably go with picture plates.

- - - Updated - - -

Wedgwood?
:) You crack me up, ohmman. But personally I prefer Lenox.

I spotted my first one in the wild today! Sig red, exiting the eastbound 91 behind me. I slowed down a lot to get a look.
I also hope I didn't freak out the driver by slowing down and gawking (and maybe pointing and shouting "YES" through the closed windows of my car).

I don't even have a production order (yet), but soon. And we all know what "soon" means on this forum...

I spotted my first one in the wild today! Sig red, exiting the eastbound 91 behind me. I slowed down a lot to get a look.
I also hope I didn't freak out the driver by slowing down and gawking (and maybe pointing and shouting "YES" through the closed windows of my car).

I don't even have a production order (yet), but soon. And we all know what "soon" means on this forum...
Haha nice, did he see you and wave back?

Ran across this handsome fella driving a Model X across a tile floor earlier today.

ohmmanrandom.png

Actually that shot of the X with the plate gives me a little hope. I thought it would be atrocious with one but (all considering) that's not that bad looking. Maybe because it's a NY plate with it's non-traditional color but that's not nearly as bad as I assumed it would be.

Actually that shot of the X with the plate gives me a little hope. I thought it would be atrocious with one but (all considering) that's not that bad looking. Maybe because it's a NY plate with it's non-traditional color but that's not nearly as bad as I assumed it would be.

You must have had a really nasty image in your head, because to me that looks terrible. Completely messes with the lines of the front bumper.

You must have had a really nasty image in your head, because to me that looks terrible. Completely messes with the lines of the front bumper.

Orange aside, I don't think it looks that bad. I'd guess that for some people uncomfortable with the non-traditional empty space where a grille would normally be, it probably makes them less so.

As for me, I'd like to see what it looks like on a Titanium X. I'll probably risk a warning or ticket for a while and then put it on. I have MA EV plates so I like that they inform people that it's an EV from both the front and back.