Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vacaville Supercharger today.
View attachment 102239

Damn, silver is hot! Nice surprise for my tastes.

- - - Updated - - -

White looks amazing! Nose looks better on black, but soooo hard to keep clean....and except for the nose, I like the rest in white better. Red and Sig red look good too.

Have to say the white has really grown on me. Think it looks great now, nose and all.

- - - Updated - - -

This was my original color combo choice but my wife overruled (the X is hers). I think it looks great. I have a feeling white is going to be the most popular choice for awhile.

Yes, that blue is still my favorite color. Love it.

Just putting this out there...

If for some reason anyone can get a picture of a sig, please take a picture of the windshield, from the outside of the car, near the rearview mirror, that clearly shows the camera(s)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes!! This is the exact vehicle I ordered and took a risk without seeing it in the wild. Now that I see it I am thrilled. Smokin' !!!!!!

I only said early adopter as I placed my reservation for MX before ever seeing an S in person, summer 2012, and before any were available for me to test drive. Seems to count to me, but not sure why it matters.

Yes, back to photos would be great!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes!! This is the exact vehicle I ordered and took a risk without seeing it in the wild. Now that I see it I am thrilled. Smokin' !!!!!!

I only said early adopter as I placed my reservation for MX before ever seeing an S in person, summer 2012, and before any were available for me to test drive. Seems to count to me, but not sure why it matters.

Yes, back to photos would be great!!!

I too took that leap of faith! :cool: black interior though ..my boys are a messy bunch.

Saw a silver Model X today at Heavenly (california base) in South Lake Tahoe.
Just got the video off the dashcams:

You will of course note that it is driving with the trunk (boot) up.
There was ski equipment sticking out, which meant they couldn't shut it.
The trunk doesn't look fully up, though, so I guess they lowered it as much as they could.
You'd think with a tow hitch that any founder could afford the ski hitch accessory :confused:

My guess is that they arrived for skiing when the HPWC was already occupied, so they parked elsewhere. Then when they got back to the car they needed a topup before heading to Folsom, so they move the car to the HPWC before sorting out all the ski equipment and packing the car properly.
They were not heading to the exits despite the lifts being closed for the day (4pm). They were also heading for where I believe the HPWC is.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah Yes, but we might have enjoyed the "real" audio (?!) anyway, I'm sure you won't see me driving my Model X around w the back open. Some people

Don't see the big deal... I've once or twice had to drive with the hatch on the S slightly ajar due to the item inside being a bit too large for the trunk to fully close.

As an aside, just got back from SLC... Beautiful area.

As was stated they were probably moving the car before securing everything to get to a charger so they had enough boost to get over Echo Summit before coasting to Folsom.

Having said that unless they had the six seater or very short skis, they probably had to do all sorts of trickery to get the skis into the car and close the hatch. You should not have to do this in an SUV. You should be able to toss them into the car and move out in seconds. No planning/logistics required.

Oh and if they had skied at Sierra at Tahoe, they would not have had to look for a charger. Its all downhill to Folsom. Let that be another lesson here. :smile:

I saw a new founders model x being prepped for delivery/being worked on at my local store. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say any more than that (I certainly wasn't allowed to take pictures) so I won't. I'll just say it's a higher vin than what has been discussed on the board so far.

Having said that unless they had the six seater or very short skis, they probably had to do all sorts of trickery to get the skis into the car and close the hatch. You should not have to do this in an SUV. You should be able to toss them into the car and move out in seconds. No planning/logistics required.

You also should not be able to pay half as much as a Prius for fuel costs while going 0-60 in 3.1s in an SUV :)