Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After months of watching everyone else have random Model S sightings I finally have one to add. This is actually the 2nd in the wild MS (outside of our local group) I have seen but the first since I installed a dash cam. Taken around 3pm 7/20 in the Apple Valley/Lakeville area. Looked like it might have been a new one, if so congrats to the new owner the red looks great.

Red S.png

So, the USA is gradually filling up with Model S's … meanwhile, here in the UK, almost no one has a clue what one is, with lots of outright blind prejudice towards EV's as per Top Gear preaching's on the subject.

But interestingly, a German registered white Model S has been spotted in the wild, in Epsom UK, just last week.

AFAIK there are only two in the UK at present the other being dark blue, so this is a fairly rare spot …

TeslainUK_zpsa38927df.jpg

So, the USA is gradually filling up with Model S's … meanwhile, here in the UK, almost no one has a clue what one is, with lots of outright blind prejudice towards EV's as per Top Gear preaching's on the subject.

But interestingly, a German registered white Model S has been spotted in the wild, in Epsom UK, just last week.

AFAIK there are only two in the UK at present the other being dark blue, so this is a fairly rare spot …

TeslainUK_zpsa38927df.jpg

Nice spot! Car looks great, but man does that front plate stick out like a sore thumb.

I saw my first Model S ever driving home today! I was somewhat excited given that it's the first one I've ever seen live, even though I didn't get that good of a look because it was on the opposite side of the highway. It was headed eastbound on I-70 around Boonville, MO around 5pm. I hope they found a place to charge. heh. Electric car chargers don't exist in mid-Missouri yet, and it's an awful long haul going from Kansas City straight to St. Louis. I guess an 85 kWh Model S could make it, but it would be uncomfortably close. About 250 miles.

photo.JPG

Spotted a white Model S 3 doors down in my condo community while I was leaving for work. lights flashing, illegally parked (per HOA) so I am assuming they were visiting/dropping by. Hopefully they moved before the Trash collectors came. Personalized license plate was humorous.

7/30: today a coworker was stating that she saw a white Model S driving around close to our work (17 miles from my home) and she snapped a photo of it. I then showed her the above photo and we laughed. same car. ROFL

Last edited:
Finally got to take a picture of one in the wild. This person has a nice setup at his/her office, in a downtown Washington, DC parking garage, with a NEMA 14-50. The garage/office building is right by the Smithsonian American Art Museum and the National Archives. It's car #4536.

I'm embarrassed that the picture is so blurry, even though I wasn't even driving!

wild.jpg

A few more sightings in the DC area:
A White P85 Tuesday morning that is regularly on the National Institutes of Health campus in Bethesda
A black (possibly blue) with tan interior at the Caribbean Grill around 6:00 today in Arlington off of Lee Hwy;
My first Tesla->Tesla encounter Thurs afternoon crossing the Legion Bridge on 495. Pic below of that one, a silver P85 who also had new plates. I was a bumbling idiot with a 1/3 wave, 1/3 peace sign, and 1/3 thumbs up.

P85.png